Tuesday, May 11, 2010

SO good talking to you!

Everyday I am out teaching and talking to people that do not believe in Jesus Christ. My job as a missionary is to bring those to come closer to Jesus Christ by faith, repentance, baptism, the holy ghost, and enduring to the end. I have found that as I have been giving this "gift" away I have found a greater and more personal joy than I have ever had. I know that as we become a more dedicated and christlike people, putting the things of the Lord first, we can qualify for the greatest happiness known to man.

It was SO awesome being able to talk to all of you on Sunday. Afterward as my companion and I were riding our bikes to our appt. we felt like it was a fairy tale that we had just talked to our families. Looking back I thought "I just talked to my family...what?" You all sounded so good! It made me super happy. I was glad I was able to not be emotional----I cried when I hung up the phone. Because I really do miss you guys and miss just talkiong with you. But 7 months(till Christmas) isnt too long right??? LOL!!

On Saturday night there was a mothers day activity at the church-of course we went. It was super fun!! All the men served the women and they had a program and everything. We(me and my comp. and 2 elders in the branch) did a musical number. We sang one of the primary songs about mothers. Well-it is 3 verses long. I decided we needed to do something fun with it. So the first verse we sang normal, the second Hna bird played it all staccato and the three of us did the whole up down thing(one person goes up while the other down. And for the third we did it all dramatic like! I sent pictures no worry. It was super funny! We got a standing ovation!! LOL They gave all teh missionaries roses because our moms are far away and we cant be with them(I had tears in my eyes---I didnt need a reminder that I was away from my mommy). It was just a really good night and we were able to get to know tons of the members better. They LOVE us! LOL

I ate pizza for the first time since being in Texas this week! Oh how I miss it :( I never eat American food anymore.

So cute story----LOVE the Elders. SO my bike has this seat cover to help coushin and make it not hurt as bad. Well, mine was falling apart. Kinda ghetto but I thought whatever. I complained one day to the Elders how much my butt hurt cause of the ridiculous seat. So on Sunday when we were leaving to get on our bikes I saw that I had a new cover on my seat. one of the Elders gave me his and just put it on there without saying anything. I LOVE the Elders! they are always looking out for the sisters and will do anything for us.

I am trying to think of any funny stories to liven up my email. I feel like ridiculous things happen everyday. My comp and I have a wall of funny things and add a post it to it everyday. So funny! The most funny things usually happen to my comp--her tripping or something. LOL! I will try and have a good story for next weeks email.

It is getting humid here! I dont think my hair could look uglier. I live in the desert for a reason!

Remember that there is a girl in Texas that LOVES all of you!!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment