Thursday, February 10, 2011

cold much?

Last Thursday and Friday because of the cold we were told that we could not use our cars. We were able to have members help us out a little bit and drive us around but it was difficult to find Hermanas that could and had access to a car. SO we were totally walking! I didn't mind so much walking around everywhere but it was so cold. For both days I wore 8 layers on top and I had 3 pairs of leggings and tights under my skirt. I am surprised I could even walk. LOL! It was kind of a trial. On Thursday Hermana Ruplinger made a birthday cake for one of our members....so we had to walk with the cake to her apartment in the freezing cold. She loved the cake and watching her little 1 year old get chocolate all over her face made it totally worth it!

We received transfer calls this morning. I am staying here with Hermana Ruplinger. So by the time I go home I will have had 7 months in this area. Crazy!! Well, because I know the ward and members so well it feels like home. The hard thing is that I feel as though I have taught my investigators all that I know and not sure what else to do to help them. I need to pray more to receive direction from Heavenly Father.

Jorge is getting his baptismal interview tomorrow and his baptism is scheduled for next week. I hope all things go as planned. The problem is his work. He just needs to have the faith that if he goes to church instead of work that God will provide a way. I am so happy for their family. :)

We had Stake Conference yesterday and it was fabulous! President Monson spoke via satellite and gave an amazing talk. It is amazing to me how I can basically understand anything in Spanish and how it was easy for me to follow and understand his talk in Spanish. He shared some amazing stories that made me cry. I love President Monson! Every time I hear him speak, the spirit testifies that he truly is a prophet of God. The spirit is an amazing gift that our Heavenly Father has given us. Especially to His missionaries.

Thank you for the Valentines package!!!! I gave the cute heart crafty thing to little Lupita and Ashely(Dulce's little girls). I am obsessed with them. After stake conference they saw me and came running down the aisle screaming to give me a hug! literally obsessed.

Well, another week is done. Talk to you next week! Love you bunches!!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment