Tuesday, December 8, 2009

HOLA!

Hey everyone!

First off! Jay is engaged?!!! That is super exciting. I knew it was only a matter of time before it would happen. I have to be honest, I cried when I opened that letter and read that. I didn't cry because I was sad. I cried becasue it hit me that I am not home right now and things started to seep in a little bit that I wont be home for another 16 months. I dont know that it has really hit me that I am a missionary. I think it will once I go to Houston. But I am really excited for both of you. I do need pictures though! I am sure you are already planning. Do you have a date yet or any plans?? I need all the details jess.

Bad news...the dearelder machine has been broken for 2 days so I havent gotten anything. They said they are fixing it now and I should have them by tonight. Sorry if I dont respond today to anything :(

OH! Some more bad news....I haven't gotten my travel plans yet. I have no idea why. I was so excited to write you about them. Sorry! I am pretty sure I am leaving the 15th. I will tell you everything next friday. I will call all you from the airport. It might be really early in the morning though. You better answer! Haha

I cannot believe that I am leaving in like 10 days for Texas! I am so excited!! But also really nervous because my Spanish...leaves much to be desired. :) I know the Lord will help me as I make the effort to learn. I love the MTC! I could not have asked for a better district, zone, or teachers. I really have been blessed. My teacher the other night was talking to us about how a district like ours does not come along that often and about how great we are. I feel so blessed. It is hard to think that soon I will have to say goodbye to these Elders that have become like brothers to me.

Cool story...well its not really a story. The same night you all went to Temple Square to see the lights turn on, I was here at the MTC doing the same thing. They have tons on Christmas lights in this main plaza area. It was so cool. Everyone was taking pictures. It made me feel closer to you all because I knew thats what you were doing in SLC. But i at the time didnt know that was when Jess was getting engaged.

I am doing SO good! I am Spanish all the time it seems like. I love it! I wish I was better but I know htat the more I practice the better my Spanish will be.

So I kind of had a small moment that I missed decorating for Christmas. You all know I was always the one to do the tree. I miss decorating the tree this year :( It was always my job. The tree doesnt look as good this year right??? Cause I didn't do it. LOL :)

I hope you all have a great week! You are always in my prayers :)

Love,
Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment