Saturday, December 12, 2009

Texas Here I Come

Hey ya'll!!

Yes! I leave on Tuesday for Texas. I have to be at the travel office here at the MTC at 6am. So however long it takes me to get to the sirport and to the terminal is when I will call you. My plane doesn't take off till 10:17am. So I think I will get achance to call everyone.

Maygen-I am giving my branch Presidents wife a box Monday night. Her name is Joan Lloyd. Her phone number just in case is 801-373-8885 or 801-225-3553. She is super nice. I am giving her your # to call you but just in case.

This week has flown by SO fast. Some of my favorite things this week were the Christmas Devotional. I loved Motab! I love the Christmas season. It doesnt feel like Christmas too much here but Im sure it will on Tuesday! Oh!!! Maygen you will enjoy this-I went to the make-up class you were talking about a while ago. It was serisouly awesome!! They basically gave you a make over and gave me a huge bag of Nuskin makeup for free. The lady told me it is valued at around $200!! Sister Missionaries get the perks :)

Jess-Maygen told me you set a date for May1st! Congrats :) Mom also told me that you found some really cute bridesmaid dresses. I need pics!

Oh! I got a letter from my mission President. President Saylin. He basically said my first day I will get there go to the mission home, have interviews, dinner, and a testimony meeting. I am SO excited! Mom-dont worry about sending that stuff in the suit case I left yet. Let me see how things go in the next week. What is even in that bag?? I cant remember. :)

Packing is going to be an adventure. I know I have a lot of stuff. Lets see how creative I have to get!

How are things at home?? Getting ready for Christmas?? Have you played fugitive lately? My companion told me danny won the biggest loser. She is a fan too!

Sorry this email is kinda boring. I'm sure next week I will have SO much to write about. I think I heard that my p-days are Mondays. Not sure?? I will email as soon as I can.

So my Spanish...pretty much still stinks. Hahaha! I'm not joking either. I'm sure Maygen will want to speak a little in Spanish, dont set your expectations too high. :)

One of the things Iam looking forward to the most is that the night before I leave my whole zone sings "God be with you till we meet again" in espanol. It is SO fun! I am going to record it on my camera. So when I send the disc home you will have to watch it.

Overall, I am doing really good. I am just so excited to go to Texas! My week was pretty normal here. It is just all Spanish all the time. Yesterday I was waiting for my companion to get her HEP A shot and I was talking to this Elder from Spain. I told him(in spanish) to talk to me like he would at home. With his spanish I mean. I was SO shocked because I understood like 90% of what he was saying! I was so happy....I couldn't really say much back though. HAHA! Also, he is learning English so I had to speak to him in spanish cause he didnt understand. He was awesome!!

Well....I gotta go! I am so so so so so so excited to talk to you! I love you! Talk to ya soon(i love saying that)

Hermana Richards

1 comment:

  1. Hey! This is Daniela...remember, I always complained about everything at chiropractor's clinic? Anyway, I'm so excited that you're having a good time and that you're finally leaving the MTC. It's so cool to be excited and have a super positive attitude about everything on your mission! I hope you can keep it that way all the time, even when people are mean to you :) Haha, just kidding, who could be mean to your darling face?! Anyway, have an awesome flight! :)

    ReplyDelete