Tuesday, October 19, 2010

One Year?

"Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised , to trash the nations by the power of my Spirit;
And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine indignation will I preserve them. And the poor and the meek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be looking forth for the time is nigh at hand-" Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-15

I recently came upon this scripture and feel in love with it. I love the imagary it paints in my mind. Me, with my shield and my sword, fighting the things of the world to bring the gospel message to the poor and meek. And He will preserve me. I am definitely one of the weak things of the world. But I have been called and so I came. Prideful, unlearned, selfish, weak Sarah has been called. Through Him and the help of the Spirit I have been an instrument to bring about a mighty work here. My weaknesses have been made into strengths. I love the Lord. I know that we have a living prophet on earth today to lead and guide us. Joseph Smith did in reality see God, the Father and Jesus Christ. I know that light that Jospeh saw. For it has been that same light that has given me power to press on and it has been that same light that has lead me in the dark. For when I am weak then can I be made strong. Jesus Christ is our Savior. Turn to Him and He can make you whole.

It has been a year! wow-I cannot believe that I have been a missionary for a year. On Thursday we get to go to the temple. What an amazing opportunity I have to spend my year mark in the temple. I am so excited. This year has been the fastest, longest, most stressful, rough, amazing year of my life. I wouldn't take back this year for anything. Thank you for always supporting me and for all your prayers. There were definitely days that I could hear the rallying cry of my family through prayer. Thank you!

I got to sing at a fireside and a zone meeting this last week. I sang one of my favorite EFY songs called "I will not be still" It turned out well. Look up the words.....missionary song at its finest :)

I had a huge migrane on Thursday-which is planning day. We planned for a few hours but then went to a lunch appt at a members house. Oh boy my head hurt. I was sitting there eating thinking I was going to die at any second, trying not to throw up/cry when we were finally done. Well, you always ask if there is anything we can do to help or whatever. 95% of the time people say no. BUT of course the one time I feel like garbage she asks if we could take everything out of her fridge and freezer and clean it out. I almost laughed out loud it seemed ludicrus to me. I then said a silent prayer and Heavenly Father blessed me with the ability to do it. He is always there in our time of need. He knows our name and He knows our circumstance. I love the Lord.

Time is up. I want to write all day long. I jsut want ot tell you my heart. I want to tell you everything but I cant. Just know I love you and there is a Vegas lovin' girl here in Texas that loves you. Keep smiling and as Taylor Swift would say "stay beautiful" :)
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment