Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Because of Your Faith My Joy is Full"

First off----THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Birthday stuff!! I loved the packages, cards, etc. It made the day special. Thank you!
My Birthday ended up being really good. Every Wednesday we meet at the Bishops house to eat lunch then talk about less actives and investigators. Well, they planned a surprise Birthday party for me. One member who works at like the Ace of Cakes Houston Hispanic style made me this HUGE Birthday cake. He used tons of foundant icing and it looked like a missionary tag. With my name and everything. I took lots of pics and plan on printing some off today for ya'll. Super fun!

We got transfer calls this morning. I am staying here but I am getting a new companion. I hate changes. Especially because I hate losing a companion. I really love Hermana Wright. The first few days of a new companionship are a little tough. I am excited to be staying in this area though. We will see what Wednesday brings.

Wasn't conference amazing?! I watched most of it in Spanish because we had investigators there. But even when I couldn't understand everything going on I could feel the Spirit testify that President Monson truly is a Prophet of God. My favs include: Elder Holland, President Monson(cried at the widows story), President Eyring(my #1 fav) and Elder Packer(SO strong and powerful!). I LOVED conference! It is just such a filling of the spirit. Was truly a blessing from Heavenly Father.

I am so grateful for all of you. I sat there and listened to President Monsons talk about gratitude and thought to myself----how much do I show my appriciation for my family and friends? I dont think you all realize how much it helps me knowing that I have people at home who love me and support me. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. I pray for you. I pray for your success and for you to feel gods love. I wish I could put into words the love I have for my family(am friends who are considered family). It hurts me sometimes to be far from you. But what I have been given here has blessed me far beyond anything else. I love you!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment