Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"I Got a Tooth....and It's Sweet!"

"Every choice you make helps define the kind of person you are choosing to be." -Martin Luther King

For some reason I dont know why it is so hard for me to start this email. I have written and then re-written the first paragraph like 3 times. My week was a little rough. We have just had a hard time getting people to listen to us this week. On Thursday we got home and I was washing the dishes. The last four days had been full of walking around and finding people, all day. I was exhausted. My companion was in the shower and I just began to cry. 1-because it was so hard and 2-because I could really feel the love of my Heavenly Father and my family. I felt like I could almost hear you guys cheering me on. In that moment I was extremely grateful for all your prayers and support. I recently have really been able to feel the hand of Heavenly Father changing me. Its kind of weird. Things I wanted before aren't there and my desires have changed. I didn't think I would be able to feel it so clear. If I needed to have a rough week to mold me then so be it. I want it that bad. I want to be more Christlike. I am willing to suffer so that I can be made more better. Keep praying please. I am trying to make the choices that are right so that I can be what Heavenly Father wants me to be and what I have imagined I could always be.

The subject of the email is just a quote from one of our recent converts....he is so awesome! Him just telling us he wants candy. LOL!

Ok...imagine this....A BIG FATTY bowl full of fish and shrimp!!!! YUM!!!! NOT! I had that bowl put in front of me on Tuesday. Of course my companion and I had just eaten. Hermana Wright looks at me because she knows how much I hate seafood. I start peeling off the skin and legs off the shrimp and pray. I have never had such a hard time eating something. I really wanted to die. At one point I had tears in my eyes. It was worse than eating the cow stomach. One of my biggest trials. ew.....just thinking about it makes me sick.

We did get to watch the Relief Society broadcast. It was in Spanish....so I got the gist of what was being said. But I didn't get any of the jokes President Monson said. Conversational Spanish is still my weakness. Could you send me a copy of his talk? Everyone says it was awesome. I don't really know. HAHA!!

I helped one of our investigators break into her car after she locked her keys in. Hanger and srewdriver is all it takes! LOL!!! Maybe I asked the gangster black man to help, maybe I didnt. :)

Yes...it my Birthday on Wed. WEIRD! Where in the world did this last year go?? 22 sounds way too old. gross. Thanks for all the packages and mail. Aunt Janet---you rock! MOM---you always know what I like :) Even if on my Birthday there isnt anything special I will love it because I am a missionary. The only Birthday I get as a missionary! LOL!!! A day never to be forgotten.

Keep pressing forward. The Lord loves you! "Remember the rallying cry: Remember Him"----$20 bucks for whoever finds out what talk that is from and what its about. One on the greatest lessons I have learned on my mission. (not really $20 bucks...im poor. I will give you a smile though :)

I love you!
Sarbear

No comments:

Post a Comment