Monday, September 13, 2010

HOLY GARBAGE......WHAT????

Ok...so I got a call about an hour ago telling me that I am getting transferred!!!! I was completely shocked. I just got to this area 6 weeks ago. My comp has been here for a while so I was dumb-founded. I will know on Wed. where I am going. CRAZY!!! I seriously JUST unpacked all my stuff and put up my pics. Lame!

I am really going to miss the people in this area. In only a short 6 weeks I have really grown to love them. I am sad because we have about 3 people lined up for baptism and now I have to leave. :( Not to mention I love Hermana Taff....I feel like I have become best friends with all of my companions. Its really sad to leave them sometimes. We are totally bummed. I am going to try and send pics soon. So dont send anymore mail to the address on Rampart. Send only to the Mission Office-4627 Austin Parkway Sugar Land, TX 77479.

Speaking of addresses....I need the address for Denise and Sam &Linds(new apartment). You may have told me and I am an idiot and lost them ;) I have a letter for Denise but dont have an address for her.

Most important information in the email---------------HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAYGEN!!!! Mi amor!
Have a rockin' Birthday! I am sad I am missing it but I am SURE you are going to be OBSESSED with my Birthday card. I know I was ;)

I was able to go to Galveston on Saturday for Javier's baptism. It was so awesome. It was a surprise that I was going to be there. So when the family showed up I was hiding and I jumped out of the bushes. Maria- the mom started bawling when she saw me. She is so cute. I found out right before the baptism that Javier wanted me to give a talk. It turned out well-even though it was in Spanish(thank you Heavenly Father) and they had me sing. I picked I feel my Savoirs love. Its one of my favs. The baptism was so great and he was so happy. Javier is 16 years old and his mom is a member. They are a family that was in-active when I found them in Galveston. Now they are completely active and going strong. I consider them one of my greatest blessings and miracels of Galveston. I love them a lot.

We got a new car on Thursday. I feel like I am a queen! My comp. cant drive cause she got in an accident a couple transfers ago. I drive 24/7---which you all know I like cause I always like to be the driver. BUT...guess what???!! I was so used to the old car with its automatic lights that I may or may not have left the lights on Friday night. We had a major dead car battery in the morning. We called our zone leaders(cause they are the only ones who have a car who are near) and they came to help us jump it. The only problem was that the parking spaces next to the car were taken. We tried to put the car in neutral but the instrucions were really detailed and would take forever to do. I had this feeling(the spirit) that I needed to knock on this one apartment door to see if one of the cars on either side were theirs. The apartment was random and kinda far from the parking lot. But I did it anyway. I asked the lady(in spanish....dont think there are white people where I live) and the black SUV was hers. I nearly died! I couldnt believe it. She moved her car and an hour later we had our car fixed. It took forever and we were all sweating in the blazing hot sun! I am grateful for the help of the Spirit. Otherwise I dont know how we would have gotten the car fixed in a timely manner.

Raul's baptism had to be pushed to next Sunday. It was this huge drama----because of a member. Dont worry he is so ready and still planning on getting baptized. I am sad because I might not be able to come back for it. :(

We were eating dinner at a members house on Thursday and as we were eating I counted 12 cockroaches in the kitchen/dinning room area. Hermana Taff wanted to die. I killed one with my shoe as it ran passed me. Welcome to my life family. Disgusting.

I had probably the worst experience on my mission thus far on Wed. We went over to a less- actives house and it turned into her saying some really nasty and mean things about us and the church. She had some bad experiences in the past. After an hour of recieving her wrath she kicked us out. I said one word the entire time. We left feeling like failures when the Bishop pulled up and said "Hey Hermanas how are you??" What a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. We just got killed with words by a less active and then the Bishop comes right after to cheer us up. We got in the car to leave and Hermana started bawling. It really was probably the worst experience thus far on my mission. Rough!

Well, I now realize that I have to go back to the apartment and throw all my junk into my bags again. Kill me! You should see that amount of stuff that I cram in those bags. Maybe I sit on the bag to close it, maybe I dont. LOL!!!! HAHAHA!!

I love you all a lot! You are in my prayers. Maygen----Have a fabulous Birthday- Te amo!!

-Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment