Monday, September 13, 2010

Hermana Richards is....Hitch?

I bet you are all wondering what the significance of the title of my email is. It all starts yesterday.....

The first little prize was when we were driving to an appt yesterday and it was raining really hard. I was driving, and we had to drive through this puddle thing. Well, after we get through the puddle/pond I hear this weird sound. We pull over to find that this peice of plastic is hanging off our car!! great. We are already late for an appt. I swear ONLY ME would this happen to. I have the worst luck. So I get on my hands and knees to check it out. It is raining and there was so much mud and dirt. I realize that the part is hanging on by one screw. Right about then me...in my skirt, is on the ground looking under the car, when these 2 Hispanic men walk up and asked if we needed help. Perfect. Luckily I speak Spanish and could tell them what was up. They then proceeded to get under the car-all muddy and gross to look at it. After about 10 minutes they had it off so I wouldn't be dragging this part as I drove. Count it---this is now the 2nd time a Hispanic man has to come to my aid to fix my car. they are so nice!! The funniest was when they were walking away and both of them were COVERED in mud and dirt. Yes, of course they used the puddle rain water to wash themselves off. LOL! Thank you Hispanics!

But dont you worry my night of fun does not end there. We then get to our Dinner appt and cute little Hermana Martinez made a feast as usual. Well, Hermana Wright and I were eating when Hna. Martinez asked why we were eating any of the chiles. She then proceeded to put one on our plates. After picking off the seeds, I ate mine. Kinda hot but I could handle it. I look over to see the puppy dog eyes of my companion. I forgot that she cant eat really spicy food. So I sneak and eat hers as well. Everything's good. I finish eating when of course I have an itch in my eye. Me-being the idiot I am-touch my eye. Then came the BURN! I forgot that I had just used that hand to pick out the seeds out of the chile. I excuse myself to the bathroom where I shove my face under the water faucet to get rid of the pain. I am sure I looked ridiculous because I was franticly in the bathroom using water, towels, anything I could find to get rid of this pain. I almost screamed out ot my comp in pain. finally I was able to get my contact out(Kill me) and the burn wasnt as bad. I then look at myself in the mirror------Yikes!! I looked like straight up Hitch off the movie. My whole left side of my face was red and swollen. My eye was SO red. I walk out of the bathroom and tell my comp we have to leave. Luckily the member is tight and wasnt upset. We then ran to wal-greens to get my eye drops and benydryl. It was just like the scene out of the movie Hitch. LOL!!! I really thought I was going to die. I think I was having some sort of reacton so I opened the benydryl before I even bought it and took some. We went home and I feel asleep by 8pm. Oh my life! I am going to wear my glasses for the next few days to be safe(lame). My eye looks normal for the most part. Dont you worry----I def took pictures last night of my eye. HAHAHA!!! Gross.

So that was my day yesterday---full of rainbows and sunsets.

On Wed. and Thurs. all day we had Sisters Trainings. It was really good but imagine sitting in one chair from 8-6. We would be taught a principle then we would break into groups to role play(my fav.-not) It was really good but draining. President Saylin asked if I could sing Abide with me tis eventide. So I did the EFY version of that.

I realized that Sunday was my year mark from going to the temple. Me and Hermana Wright happened to take out our endowments on the same day. It was a nice reminder of the importance of the temple and the blessings that come.

We found 3 less- actives this week. My nickname in the mission is basically the LARC (less active-recent convert) Queen. I find more less actives than anyone times like 5. I guess I am just lucky like that. One family we found is awesome and we are excited to get them coming back to church. They are so amazing.

My favorite person we are teaching right now is Julia. Her son, Kevin (8years old) just got baptized and now we are working with her. She wants to be baptized and knows that it is the right thing to do but she is scared of falling after. She doesnt want to make any mistakes. We have been teaching her about the atonement like crazy. PLEASE pray for her. She is praying about a baptismal date right now. She is so ready. she is basically already a member with how much she is involved in FHE and activities. I love her!

Hermana Wright and I are working so hard and really trying to follow the Spirit. We realized how much we have been blessed recently. Hermana Wright is so amazing. She is just so nice. One day I got out of the shower and she had made my bed and everything(cutie). She also made me this cute little picture of Christ with this quote(one I told her was my fav) so I could hang it on my wall. she is jsut so nice. She is helping me try and be better. I definitely lack in the nice/thoughtful section of my life.

I hoope all is well with you! Happy Birthday DAD!!! Glad the Utes won!

I love you!!

Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment