Monday, September 13, 2010

:)

" I don't know their needs, but God does."

This last week has been really good. We have been teaching some amazingly ready people. One family that we are working with is really progressing. We had left them with a chapter in the Book of Mormon to read. Well, we came back and I asked how their reading was. She then told me that they had read 4 chapters and reviewed the introduction(which is what I had read from and taught them). I talked about how we can know for ourselves that these things are true by the Spirit. She then opened up the BOM and shared a scripture she read that reminds her of that. They are amazing! I have a lot of love for them. They always fed us dinner too. Last time they gave us iced tea and I had to tell them why we dont drink it and gave a small version of the Word of Wisdom lesson during dinner. They always say "our house is your house". We met these people like 2 weeks ago! I came home that night and felt really overwhelmed with the carga(load) on my shoulders---basically cried my eyes out to Heavenly Father. I didnt know why or how Heavenly Father has me, really imperfect me, teach these people. I dont speak Spanish well enough and I still lack a lot of knowledge. I didnt feel good enough to have these peoples souls in my hands. I want this for them so bad. I dont want to screw it up. I know that only by the spirit can I teach. So I have been basically handing myself over to the Lord. I dont know these peoples needs and trials. I dont exactly understand them. But God does....and I can be His mouthpiece. He calls weak people and makes them strong. And as for my strength I know I am weak but in the Lord I can do all things.

Every week we eat at the Bishops house on Wed. and then talk about our investigators. I love it!!! It is such an awesome opportunity to talk to the Bishop and work with him to help strengthen the people. He is a really good Bishop to be working under and I am so grateful to be in a ward that is functioning well. Its hard to find in Spanish Wards.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARA!!!!! Well....on Sunday. :)

We had more trainings this last week. We had Zone Conference. We did more role plays and practices. I took another 4 pages of notes. LOL!!! This whole learning thing as a missionary never changes. Always more to learn and always something to improve on.

The good thing about lots of meetings is that I get to see my old companions. I seriously LOVE them. Especially Hermana Hammar. I feel bad cause she is struggling with her comp right now. I feel like she is my family out here. The thing about Hermana Hammar is that 1-she is my mom(mission mom....my trainer) and 2-she really doesnt open up to a lot of people and really never tells people she loves them or hugs them 3-she is the one that in my blessing President gave me that he said we would be friends for the rest of our lives........I love her. She said she loved me the other day. I almost cried. Because unlike other people in the world she uses that word rarely and means it when she says it. She was there for me when I was a snot nosed greenie that was homesick. And for that I will be eternally grateful. I'm sure you may not understand why I feel like I need to put a whole paragraph about her in my email. I am just really grateful for her. There are very few people in this world-besides family-that I feel like I love as much as her. Heavenly Father has really blessed me to know her. I am going to cry my eyes out when she goes home in December.

I feel like this email is basically looking into the feelings and mind of Hermana Richards. I hope some of this makes sense. I am just really grateful to my Heavenly Father for His love. Especially when I am such an imperfect person. Missions are hard but its a decision that I will be thankful for the rest of my life that I made. I hope you all have a wonderful week!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment