Monday, September 13, 2010

:)

Mi Familia!

"There is no tomorrow to remember if we dont do something today and to live most fully today we must do that which is of greatest importance. Let us not procrastinate those things which matter most." -President Monson

I love this quote. President Monson is so amazing! It is SO true, verdad? Some of my greatest memories-on and off the mission are from moments when I have been doing that which is most important. I LOVE this work. I LOVE being a missionary. I feel like I have found a greater happiness as I have focused on the things of the Lord. For my mission my mind has been off the things of the world and onto the things that bring eternal happiness. Live today like it were your last. "Live like you were dying"------(country song quote?? what?) Smile through the trial and find joy in the journey.

This week flew by!! I was on exchanges with Hermana Knapp for 3 days. She is this cute greenie that is serving in my old area. It was fun to get an update on the people and area. She has only been on her mission a couple of weeks. She reminds me a lot of myself. The only thing was that she doesn't speak ANY Spanish. I could not get that girl to open her mouth for the life of me! LOL!!! SO that means Hermana Richards was on her own for all the lessons, talking, etc. We got home Wed. night and I had lost my voice from talking so much(7 lessons later!). On thurs with Hna. Knapp we taught a gypsy----scariest thing of my life! I didn't understand her accent very well(hers and Cubans-never). I prayed the entire time during the lesson that I could understand her and teach to her needs. It ended up going well....huge tender mercy from Heavenly Father.

Raul is all set for his baptism next Sunday! So excited! Last Sunday they announced a singles dance and he totally went on Friday. He is solid. Yesterday he was making all these comments in the gospel doctrine class and obispo(bishop) asked where he learned all of that and he pointed at me. HAHA!! I love him! We had a bomb member lesson with him with a couple here in the ward. Love him! PLEASE pray for him cause yesterday he told me he was super nervous about his baptism and he is not sure if he knows enough yet. The fact is that he is super intelligent and knows more than I think most Hispanic members. Next sunday is going to be great cause we have 5 baptisms for our district set. YEAH!

Ok...so super sad---I wasn't able to go to Galveston yesterday to see Sandy get baptized. I was bummed. I am just glad she finally made the decision about baptism. I didn't need to be there. But luckily Javier is getting baptized on Sat. so I can go then. Galveston here I come!! I am dying of happiness!

In the mission there are certain goals that you try and always meet. 2 of them being getting 20 sit down lessons each week and and average of 10 OYMs(contacts) per day. Hermana Taff and I got our 20 sits by Sat. so we had to spend most of our time yesterday talking to people. It was SO hot!!!!! I literally wanted to die. At one point my companion was so hot she finally just sat down under this tree and almost started crying(I am laughing while typing this cause looking back it is funny). I was able to convince her to keep going but only with the bribe of giving her my Gatorade. LOL!!!!! love her! I really am grossed out at the heat here though. Ugly August is really turning out to be true! There is no way to NOT be ugly in this heat. LOL!

Funny story----Our Bishop(he is white) here teaches the Gospel Principles class. He is a teacher so it is always so good. But sometimes when he speaks he will be speaking normal and then all the sudden he will go into this creepy, story tellers voice. I laugh almost everytime(I hide it of course). But yesterday one of our investigators, Francicso heard it and then looked at me with this really funny face. I laughed so hard. Luckily I was on the end so no one saw or heard me.....maybe it was one of those you have to be there moments. LOL!!! I think he goes into creep voice when he is trying to use conjunctions---like when he is adding an idea. I have examined it in detail cause I think it is hilarious!

It is really nice to be back in the same church building as my first area. I see Missouri City ward members all the time. Not to mention I get to see Jhon Wilches every week. He is still active and doing good. I am obsessed with that man! He said once he gets papers(who knows when that will be) he wants to come to Vegas so I can show him how to gamble. LOL! He was just joking but you get the idea of how awesome he is.

We have been getting trained like crazy on all these new stuff....well old stuff but new trainings. It has been a good learning experience. Now I just gotta figure out how to put it all into practice and remember it all. There is so much to remember as a missonary!

Welp....I feel like I have been rambling this whole email. Ya'll just got a look into the mind of Hermana Richards for a while. I am grateful for your support and love. I feel Heavenly Father blessing me everyday! I pray for you and I know that Heavenly Father will bless you and help you as you turn to Him. He loves you. My eyes have been opened to the blessings that come when you are obedient and do all possible to follow Jesus Christ. Follow Him and He will lead you along. Down a path that is less traveled but worth it. I love you with all my heart. Keep smiling!

Love----Hermana Sarah Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment