Monday, September 13, 2010

Bikes-Yikes!!

"God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges we face." ----Elder Holland

I was reading the talk "The Ministry of Angels" this morning and this quote is from a part of it. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and that He has a plan for each one of us. Even if at times we can't really see why things are happening to us and why we have certain adversity. Turn to him and He can make you whole.

I bet you are all wondering where I got transferred to........drum roll..........I am now serving in Houston 8(yes, I know that has no meaning to you) HAHA!! I basically moved one area over from where I was before. I still meet at the same church and so I will see all my people every Sunday. BUT listen to this----my companion is Hermana Wright. Now for all of those that don't remember she was my comp. in the MTC. YEAH! We are back! I love her so much. The tough thing is that she really has a hard time with her Spanish. SO I have the weight of the world on my shoulders trying to speak and understand everything going on. Even after only 5 days I have really learned a lot and grown. It has made me stretch a ton! (sometimes it hurts :( ) I know I say this every week but PRAY for me! We have some amazing investigators and I dont want to screw it up. LOL!!!

Leaving my last area was hard. I was just starting to love those people. My investigator Francisco gave me a water feature(just a fancy way of saying a platic water fountain) to remember him by. You bet you bottom dollar I have it on my desk and just need to get batteries to operate it! haha...love him.

We have a set number of miles that we can use per month. Well, I got to my new area to find that we didn't have any miles left. SO I have been on my bike looking beautiful, glistening(ya right) in the blazing heat. I actually like my bike cause I can contact more people and it just makes you feel more like a missionary. If only it wasn't a million degrees outside.

We had Stake Conference yesterday. They had this youth choir sing the EFY Melody-in spanish of course. Well, I guess I was emotional or something because just looking at the kids on the stand, knowing their backround and lives- made me cry. I loved it! It made me realized how much I really do love the Hispanic people. Which was something I struggled with at the beginning of my mission. I will basically do anything for these people.

My address to my apartment is: 6601 Harbor town #1222 Houston, TX 77036. You can send letters to that address but send packages to the mission office. Its just easier.

I just love you all so much. I hope you know that you are all in my prayers. I marvel at what the Lord can do if you submit to His will and are obedient. I have seen miracles happen. I love you!!!

Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment