Friday, August 13, 2010

Ugly August

"Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. Lend your efforts to helping people...stand higher, lift those with feeble knees, hold up the arms of those that hang down. Live the gospel of Jesus Christ."---President Hinckley

As a missionary there are tons of times when you feel over whelmed and weighed down. This last weekend was one of those. Saturday night I was stressed because we had worked so hard that week to obtain our goals and I realized we wouldn't achieve them. I then realized that with the help of my loving Heavenly Father I could do anything. I could conquer the world if needed. I teach and meet amazing people that the Lord puts in my path. I find myself feeling and saying things beyond my past experience. In times of discouragement I need to put all my trust in Heavenly Father. He gives us times of trial to help us grow and become a more perfect people. He will make you supposed weaknesses into strengths if you turn to Him.

I am going on exchanges this week. Well, my companion is going to Galveston(jealous) for 2 days while I have a brand new missionary for 2 days. I am excited about it except that I really don't know the area yet. I am going to be really lost! LOL!! No but seriously. Hopefully Lola(my GPS) will be friendly to me for those 2 days.

I got permission to go to Galveston next Sunday to attend my investigator, Sandy's baptism. I am SO excited to go back to Galveston for the day. Especially because I love Sandy a lot and am so stoked cause she is getting baptized. She is so ready! I will definitely take pictures and send them next week.

It is really hot here....big surprise, i know. Hermana Taff and I have named August-"ugly august". There really is no possible way to be cute when in the disgusting sun all day long.

Our investigator Raul is progressing toward his baptism in 2 weeks. He is really smart and every time we teach him he basically teaches me something new. He is this old, bald man with a Santa like belly. HAHA! I love him. We have some really cool investigators right now. They all seem really prepared for the gospel.

I dyed Hermana Taffs hair. It looks bomb! I also convinced her to cut her REALLY long hair--which also looks cute. My hair is in a disgusting pony tail everyday. I only use a straightener/curl iron maybe once a week for church. Thus, you will not be receiving many pictures of Ugly August.

I feel like this email is really boring-sorry! This week was really full of good old missionary work. We worked our tails off! If we weren't teaching a lesson we were talking our faces off trying to find new investigators. Luckily my area is packed full of Hispanics!

Well, I hope you all have a good week! Enjoy the last few weeks of summer before schhol starts up again. I love you!!!

-Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment