Friday, August 13, 2010

Sick Anyone??? (June 15, 2010 Email)

"All that we have comes from God...In and of ourselves we are but a lifeless lump of clay. Life, intelligence, wisdom, judgement, power to reason, all are gifts from God to the children of men. He gives us our physical strength as well as our mental powers...We should honor God with our intelligence, with our strength, with our understanding, with our wisdom, and with all the power that we possess. We should seek to do good in the world. This is our duty."
-President Joseph F. Smith

We each have a duty to God here on the earth. Before this life we knew we were coming here to receive bodies and to be tested. But because of the veil we have lost all that knowledge and now need to have faith. Faith in his plan for us. The things we do here in this life determine where we go in the next. There are certain saving ordinances we need to perform. First is baptism. We must always remain worthy for the blessings of Heavenly Father and we qualify for those by keeping His commandments. I have gained a huge testimony on the importance of being obedient and doing exactly what Heavenly Father has asked of me to do. Everything we have and will ever have is from God. Let us be more thankful by showing it, by keeping His commandmets. "If ye love me keep my commandments" John 14:15

Another week in Galveston!! Hermana Bird and I were able to reach our goals of lessons and OYMs(people we talk to daily). It was a great week.

One cute old man in the ward saw me and my comp and Wal-mart talking to people outside. Well, he surprises us and bought me a hand held fan cause I always talk about how sweaty and hot I am. SO NICE!!! SO in church on Sunday the A/C was barely working so everyone was dying of heat. Well, I thought for a good solid 5 minutes with myself if I should just turn my fan on during Sunday school. HAHAH!!! I was so tempted. I look over to see my companion using one of the pamhlets to fan herself. We then started passing out pamphlets for everyone to use to fan themsleves. I'm sure the room looked like a bunch of crazy people. LOL!! We got good use out of those pamphlets that day!!

Saturday-- We had a dinner appt with Hermana Perez(LOVE HER!) We get there and we eat mole(chicken with mole sauce stuff) and a ton of rice and tortillas. Well, I barely finish it when seh says that when seh went ot he store to decided what ot fed us she couldnt decide so she made 2 dinners. SO then I have to eat these enchilada things....We left and I thought I was going to puke!! SO FULL!!! But wait---------we go to an investigators house and walk in and she is making fajitas! You have to realize that these people dont have much money. So them feeding you is a big deal and you eat and eat all of it no matter what!! So I then had to eat again. I ate 3 huge meals/feasts!!! We both felt SO sick!! BUT WAIT...dont you worry me nad my comp woke up in the middle of hte night with food poisoning....we were sick all of Sunday!! Who's food made us sick??? Who knows. one of the 3 dinners we ate that night.


I got a letter from a less active family from Missouri City...so cute. She wrote telling me how much she missed me nad how she wanted me back. She doesnt like the current Hermanas! dont you worry I wrote her back a huge letter wiht pics and all. LOVE HER!!

We are going to Rainforest cafe tongiht with an investigator and her best friend (who happens to be a member---YEAH!!) I am super excited!!

Well, I gotta run!!! I love all of you!! Talk to you next week :)

Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment