Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy 4th of July! (June 29, 2010 Email)

"Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven"

I dont know if I already did this quote but it is one of my favorites. One of my good friends here Ivan is leaving on his mission Monday and he always quotes this. As he bore testimony Sunday at church I was reminded of this and how we really can be blessed when we are willing to give of ourselves and serve. This is not my mission but it is the Lords. Sometimes I lose sight of that. Everything I have is given to me from Heavenly Father. I need to be willing to put more on the altar and serve Him at all costs. Because that is when I will have blessings poured down on me and that is when I will be refined into a more Christlike person.

Mary Beth got baptized!!! It was truly an amazing day. The spirit was so strong at her baptism. Everything for the most part ran smoothly. I sent some pics yesterday. I love her!!! Funny story though: When we were filling up the font the elders told us there is a small leak so fill it up FULL. So we did. We filled it up to the top. We get to the point to baptize her and we open the curtains to see that the water is only knee deep. :( So Bishop(the one baptizing her) gets in the water and baptizes her...except she didnt go under all the way....Oh no!! 3 trys later she gets it. Only after bascially laying down on the bottom of the font floor could we get her completely in. Oh my life?! but other than that everything worked out!

My 3 songs this week turned out good. Heavenly Father really blessed me even though I was super nervous!

After we left Zone Conference all 6 of us missionaries got in the family van and we all starving! Well it takes like 2 hours to get back to Galveston so we stopped for food at sonic. imagine this: Me front set taking order from everyone and telling the lady on the intercom....I felt like a mom. HAHA!!!! I love the family van.....and at times the elders do seem like little kids. ;)

Everyone at zone conference saw my brown hair and freaked out. Everyone loves it!!

I have no time left but have so much more to write....

I am planning the zone activity this next Monday. Its going to be outside water games 4th of july activity....including a watermelon eating contest, 3 legged race, and water kickball....Its going to be a blast!!!

EXCEPT::::: We might have a hurricane coming our way these next few days. WE have been advised to have our 72 hours kits ready and to keep the gas tank on full. DONT WORRY!! President will keep us safe. We might be evacuated for a few days. We will see. Watch the weather channel. Hurricane alex might be on its way!!

I love you!! Write me letters ;)))) hint hint

Love---Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment