Friday, August 13, 2010

Mary Beth is Getting Baptized!! (June 22, 2010 Email)

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."

One of my all time favorite quotes! It reminds me of Maygen for some reason. I think she had this quote in her room. I went to Mary Beths(the one in the picture text) last Tuesday after emailing and she had this quote sitting on a decortive plate on her counter. Reminded me to be positive and have faith. Faith that things are in God's hands and I can always push forward and look for hte bright side.

MARY BETH----ok so Mary Beth is the one whose husband died about a month ago. We began teaching her and she was SO ready for the gospel. She comes to church so often that the members thought she was already a member. We went to her house for a lesson on Tuesday because we haden't been able to contact her for about 2 weeks! We thought we had lost her. I thought she had gone into a depression because of her husbands death. The lesson we had on Tuesday went SO well! WE were just talking and finally she just said "I just want to get baptized and I want it to be soon....like next week" I in shock said "OH.....we can DEFINITELY make that happen". So needless to say we have been over at Mary Beths house almost everyday to teach her all the lessons so she can get baptized on Saturday. Mary Beth is amazing! I wish you all could know her. She is like my mom here. she takes care of me and my comp. She already has all these plan for when I come back to Galveston after my mission to visit her. We are going to swimming and to the beach. She even has her guest room ready for me. She lives on the 10th floor beach side view. I almost cry everytime I have to get in the glass elevator(scared ogf heights) LOL! I LOVE her! I am going to take like 1,000 pictures on Sat. and I am going to send mom a CD with pics. I am SO excited!

I am singing 3 times this weekend. First, zone conference I am singing this EFY song called "fearless heart" then I am singing an EFY version of "abide with me tis eventide" for Mary Beth's baptism. Then I am singing a version of "I feel my saviors love" for a fireside on Sunday. Please pray that it will all go well!!

We had an amazing time at Rainforest cafe last Tuesday!!!! Pictures to come!!

We went to NASA Space Center yesterday for a district activity. A lady in the branch had free tickets so we went with 3 other youth my age. SO FUN!!! I took some awesome pics there too!!! Aren't you all so excited for pictures next week??? LOL!!! I even go to see the old command center where they did Apollo 13 and stuff...."Houston....we have a problem..." HAHAH!!

I have gotten a slow leak in my bike for the last 4 days. I had to replace the tube each time!! I think I have to take my bike to a bike shop....a man in the branch owns a tire shop(for cars) maybe he can see whats wrong. Who knows?!

So you all saw I colored my hair brown. I was SO scared at first but now I like it!! Everybody here loves it too!!! LOL THANKS AMANDA!!

Well, I gotta run! Have an amazing week!! I love you!!

SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment