Friday, August 13, 2010

Even My Tan Lines Have Tan Lines! (August 2, 2010 Email)

Hey family!

The title of this email is funny but really true. It has turned SO hot here recently. My comp and I are dying. We came up with these random points for you to understand our hottness(not to be confused with hotness- looks):

~Tale of two sweaties
~Sweat, Sun, & Gatorade
~I have a permanent backpack shadow
~My sweat rag is completely wet after 1 hour of pros.
~Headbands are no lnger a fashion but a neseccity to paste down our sweaty hair
~When making a return appt with someone the sweat drips off your face and makes the pen on your planner smear
~Turns out that 2 gatorades and 1 water bottle are not enough for one day---we now pack a cooler everyday

These last 2 days are the only days in 3 weeks that it hasn't rained! But it has turned on the heat...perfect.

A recent convert in the ward like to sew and make clothes so she offered to make me and my ocmp a skirt. I am super excited! She is so sweet to offer that.

4 of my investigators in Galveston are getting baptized this month. I am going to try and go down for one of them but it is hard cause we have to get a member to give us a ride. It is about 2 hours away from where I am at now. I am super excited that some of my favorite people are getting baptized!

We went to a recent converts house cause he wanted to give us some food....thats fine. Well we get there and it is a huge fiesta! Really awkward cause people were drinking and the Mexican music was up really loud. He said we could take our food and leave. We get to the car and look inside the box..........literally there was a pigs ear!!!!! A grilled ear of a pig was chillin in my hands(in the box of course)....it still had hair on it! I threw up in my mouth! Thank goodness I didnt have to eat it. What if the member had given to us and wanted to watch us eat it. Sick!

Raul last Tuesday basically tauhgt us the Word of Wisdom. He is so awesome. His baptism is going to be on August 22nd.

Francisco is doing awesome! He loves to read the BOM and go to church. The problem has been that his dad is a pastor in Honduras and feels like he shouldnt get baptized again. Well we gave him 2 Nephi 31(the Gospel of Jesus Christ) and we came back to visit him and he said he was now confused.....or has doubts. He isnt so sure of his being baptized when he was young. He now feels a conflict-----which is a step. He is now opening up to the idea of be baptized becuase it needs to be by someone that has the authority. He is praying to find out if he needs to get baptized again. Pray for him!!!

We had a really good BOM training on Friday. We are now focusing on using the Book of Mormon more. I know that the Book of Mormon has a power to change hearts and has the answers to the questions of our soul. The Book of Mormon is the greatest tool we have today to strengthen our testimonies. I encourage everyone to read more regularly and look for things to learn from the pages within. I know that I have been extremely blessed since being on my mission and studying it more fully.

Hermana Taff and I are doing really well. I know that there really are people in this area that are prepared to hear the gospel mesage. I am excited! We are able to find tender mercies and miracles of our Heavenly Father daily. He really blesses His missionaries.

I hope everyone has a fabulous week! Know that I pray for you and for your happiness and success. I am grateful for your support and constant love---even when I know I dont write you enough to tell you that. I owe everything to this church. I am and will be eternally grateful for my mission and the testimony I have. I have been given the great blessing of being born in the gospel. I often wonder how I was so lucky to be born into the family that I was and to have a knowledge of the Gospel. I took it for granted. It wanst until I came here and talk to people in the most horrid of spiritual and physical conditions that I have begun to see that. Be grateful for what Heavenly Father has given you. Even if at times it doesnt seem like a lot. But the fact is that our knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father and our purpose here is a greater blessing and knowledge than most people in the world have. Press on....go forward with faith. And take a minute to pause and thank Heavenly Father for all we ahve been given. Because we often do not deserve it.

I love you. I truly do.
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment