Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wise Men Shall Seek Him

"When we find Him, will we be prepared as were the wise men of old, to provide gifts from our many treasures? They presented gold, frakincense, and myrrh. However these are not the gifts Jesus asks of us. From the treasure of our hearts Jesus asks that we give of ourselves. 'behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind.'"
-President Monson

I seriously LOVE Christmas! I love sharing messages about the birth of our Savior and of this season. This time of year can be some much more enjoyable if we would forget ourselves and help others. It is then that we are really happy. And we can say that when He shall appear that "we shall be like Him". (Moroni 7:48)

Ok...first off. I for some reason feel sick so it is hard to type. Sorry if this email is short.

Hermana Stevens hurt her foot last p-day so it was a rough week. She couldn't walk for too long. Which totally hinders missionary work. Hopefully this week we will be back to normal.

Dulce and Jorge are going to the Mexican consulate on Wed. with the Bishop to get her ID so they can get a marriage licence to get married. She will be baptized as soon as that all comes through. It is SO tough to get non-citizens married. We are hoping that either this Sunday or Christmas she will be baptized.

Julia officially has a date for Jan. 2nd but is praying to see if she should get baptized the 26th. She even already asked Hermano Osorto to baptize her. I am super excited!

I saw Jhon Wilches....my favorite convert on Sunday. He may or may not have run after me in the church to see me. HAHA! He is awesome.

I am excited to talk to you all next week! I included the phone number on an email so you can call me. Calls are in the afternoon this time at 4pm(my time). I am SO excited to talk to you!!!

Have a wonderful week!!!!
Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment