Monday, January 3, 2011

I'll Be Home for Christmas

There is a reason I put that as my email subject. Not necessarily because I wish I was home for Christmas. I was reading a talk by President Eyring this week entitled "Home for Christmas". He talks about our longing for our eternal home. If we during this season feel the need and longing for home, how much does our Heavenly Father want us to come home to Him one day. One of my favorite quotes from the talk is:
"There have been times, often at Christmas, when we have felt parts of what we will experience when we at last come home to the father who loves us and answers our prayers and to the Savior who has lightened our lives and lifted us up I testify that because of Him, you may have an assurance that you can go home not only at Christmastime but also to live forever with a family whom you love and who love each other."
I love Christmas. I think I have been very blessed this season with not really any homesickness. I think that the people I am serving here have filled that void for me. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for how much He has blessed me recently. What a wonderful time to be a missionary! Hermana Stevens and I this morning were preparing our Christmas message that we will be sharing Christmas Eve and Christmas. I, of course, had to have a theme and visual aid. We are using the star and how the Wise Men used the star to find Christ. And when they found Him they bowed down and worshiped Him. Oh how great it would be if we could find our Savior this year but, in our hearts. Let us use the star that is placed in our time so that we may find the Savior. The star could be many things....the scriptures, prayer, the prophet. But lets go out, like the wise men and look for Him, and when we find Him let us bow down and worship Him.

Guess what???!! Dulce and Jorge are getting married on wednesday and right after Dulce is getting baptized!! I for these last 2 weeks have been working my butt off. Calling the court house, Mexican consulate, getting plans ready, PLANNING A WEDDING, and baptism..etc....Dont worry-I have a cosmotoligist in the ward doing her hair, the Relief Society is doing a few gorge decorations and refreshments. I am SO excited! Who knew I would be planning a wedding on my mission. Dulce is so amazing! I also have a framed picture of the Houston Temple to give to them as a wedding gift so they can focus on their goal of gettting sealed as a family. I am really trying to make Wednesday a special day for them. I will take pictures adn get them to you next week. Pray that everything comes together!

Julia is either getting baptized this Sunday or next. I hope this Sunday because I want to be in this area for her baptism. We are meeting with her this afternoon to decide on a date.

I totally am sick! I have a nasty cough. I hope that I have a voice to talk to ya'll on saturday. I lost my voice Friday and Saturday last weekend. Dont worry mom, I am taking plenty of meds adn drinking OJ like it is going out of style. LOL!

We have Christmas Zone conference on Thursday. I am excited! We then have plans to go by Christmas Eve and Christmas day to members, investigators, everyone and bring sugar cookies and share our Christmas message. "Its the most wonderful time of the year!"

Well, I gotta run cause we have a short p-day today. Not much time. I love you and am SOSOSO excited to talk to you on Saturday!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment