Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thank goodness for soup and crackers :)

I was reading this amazing talk by Elder Holland and one of my favorite quotes is this: "Beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted in it, it is right now." I think sometimes we can doubt ourselves and the decisions we have made. I believe firmly that the Lord gives us guidance but then expects us to go and do. Don't doubt only believe. I know that He has a plan for each of us. Don't doubt that you were supposed to move or go to a certain school, at first I doubted if I was really cut out to be a missionary. I shouldn't have doubted that witness I received. If it was right then, it is right now. Dont doubt cause it gets tough.

Remember last week when my companion was super sick and throwing up?? Whelp.....my greatest dream came true. I was super sick Saturday and yesterday with the same thing. I literally thought I was going to die. Death probably would have been more enjoyable. HAHA!! The zone leaders in my district came over to give me a blessing and brought a member with them. I officially received my first blessing in Spanish. It was actually a really cool experience. I understood everything that was said and the spirit was strong. Later Sat. afternoon I thought that we should probably go to the store to get me some sprite and soup, ya know sick person stuff. But the thought of prying myself off the bathroom floor made me want to hurt myself. I prayed silently that the Lord would provide a way for me to get the stuff I needed. 2 minutes later there was a knock on the door and the Elders had come back with tons of groceries for me. They bought tons! I almost started crying. It was a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. Super nice of them.

We had an investigator fireside last night and my recent convert Dulce was asked to speak. She did AMAZING!!!! She got there and told me that on the car ride she was looking through her Book of Mormon and found this scripture and she felt the spirit tell her to share it. She asked me to read it and see if it was good. She then told me it was Moroni 10:3-5. I kinda laughed silently to myself and said "yes, that would be perfect". She was nervous cause because she said " she still is isn't used to feeling and recognizing the spirit". I am obsessed with her. Her husband, Jorge, is doing great! He finally after a miracle(story for another email) got work off and was able to come to church. He is really excited to get baptized. If all goes well and as planned he will be baptized Feb 4th. I feel really blessed to have taught Dulce and her family. She is basically my best friend in the mission. Just a different connection. I love her a lot. And her little girls too! I gave them the children's songs on Cd and I guess they play "I hope they call me on a mission" over and over again. Lupita yesterday told me she wants to be my companion. HAHA!!! I'm down with that! Too bad she is 4 years old. LOL!!

I am doing good. Hermana Ruplinger is doing awesome! It is super cold today and I think because my immune system was down for a few days I picked up a sore throat. Lovely. Life goes on...

OK!!!! Shout out to AMANDA!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am obsessed with the thought of having a baby nephew :)

LOVES!!
Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment