Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

" The most difficult thing- but an essential one- is to love life, to love it even while one suffers, because life is all, life is God, and to love life means to love God."

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Yay! I cannot believe that it is 2011. I do not have the slightest clue where the year went. Crazy! I am excited for what this new year has to bring.

Julia was baptized on Sunday. It went perfect. The ward really stepped up and did their part making it less stressful on me. I sent some pictures yesterday. It was a really good day. FINALLY---JULIA GOT BAPTIZED! :)

My new companion is Hermana Ruplinger and she is from Orem Utah. It has been an adventure that's for sure. On Wednesday morning President Saylin had a meeting with all the trainers. I almost cried through the entire thing(almost) because 1-I really missed my trainer, Hermana Hammar. It made me realize how much she did for me and how much I love her. 2-I was scared out of my mind! HAHA!! Training is hard! I have to basically be perfect all the time. I have to speak Spanish all the time(I should be doing that anyway) and the whole salvation of your area is on your shoulders because your comp is new and doesn't know anything yet(Breath). HAHA!! I am doing ok. HAHA!!! Most of the time I find it kind of comical(kind of). BUT she is really nice! She was born in Germany and speaks fluent German. So she doesn't know really any Spanish. I have really had to teach almost everything. Its a little weird.

On Friday night we had to be in early because of New Years. Well, about 2:30 am my companion starts throwing up. She got some weird bug and didn't stop till about 3pm that next day. We had to spend the entire day inside cause she felt like she was going to die. Poor girl. I felt SO bad! Welcome to Texas!.....sick for 3 days straight.She tries really hard to speak Spanish and really loves being a missionary. I am just trying to better help her be involved in the lessons. She cannot understand much of what is going on and can bear a simple testimony. Lets just say that I have spent a lot of time on my knees. :)

We are emailing on Tuesday because the library was closed yesterday. Then this morning we went on a 4 hour road trip to the doctor. The mission doctor is that far away and in the middle of nowhere! At one point I was going 10 miles an hour following a tractor(I think that's what it was). HAHA!!! We went to try and figure out my migraines. He was nice and had awesome suggestions.

I am doing good. I feel like I don't have a minute to myself but I am over it. I figure that the Lord will help me continue to press on and He will give me the strength that I need. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and this opportunity I have to grow and learn. I love the quote at the beginning of my email. Hermana Ruplinger's mom gave it to her. If I love the Lord then I will be willing to do anything for Him even if it hurts sometimes. :)

I love you!
Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment