Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Create a Masterpiece of Your Life

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." -Albert Camus
I came across this quote....now I don't remember from what. I think it is from a talk. I was reading and studying so many things this last week. One of them being the talk by Elder Wirthlin called "The Abundant Life". Such an amazing talk. I think that often we are so caught up in the future and what is to come that we don't enjoy the moment and what we have going for us right now. I definitely do not wish away this time right now I have in my life, for I know that I will really miss it. Even the moments when I m contacting people in the freezing weather and people are hating on me. It is all about perspective. Enjoy life and enjoy it now. Create a masterpiece of your life!

I was also studying a talk by Neal A. Maxwell....it blew my mind. I have read it three times and I am still trying to capture it all. It is called "Consecrate thy performance" It is just exactly what I am trying to do to change. Not leaving any portion of myself but giving it all to the Lord. Being swallowed up in the will of the Father and not what the world or myself thinks is what will bring me joy. How could I not give of myself to the Lord? Because it is when I lose life for the Lord that I really find it.

This week went well. I cannot believe how fast time is going. Our zone had a really fun zone activity last p-day. Basically a bunch of relay races. Whose team won, you ask? YEAH!! We totally dominated. I was really fun. Its funny how little activities are so exciting in the missionary life. LOL!

We found this really cool new family. I am really excited. They have 3 kids and seem really ready and receptive to the gospel. We are visiting them today and extending a baptismal date. I pray they accept it.

Last time we went to Julia's house my hands weer freezing because I didn't have gloves. She kept talking about how cold it is outside and how I need to keep myself warm to not get sick. So she totally went out and bought us gloves and gave them to another Hermana that we were having our dinner appointment that night. I love Julia. She included a cute note telling me how much she loves me and how she will be forever grateful for the gift I have brought into her life, the gospel. I didn't do anything seriously. She was the one ready and prepared by Heavenly Father. The people here would seriously give you anything if they knew you needed it. Very humble.

We were walking to an appt and this young teenager turns and looks at my companion and I and gives us a dirty look. Hermana Ruplinger says, " wow, I don't think she likes us very much" I said "no....she isn't looking at us. " Then the girl turns and yells "curse ya'll mormons!!!!" I couldn't help but laugh! She was looking at us. Whelp, welcome to missionary work. I think I have become desensitized to weird things like that. LOL

Work goes forth and I am receiving many blessings! Many I do not deserve.
I love you!!
Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment