Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Awesomeness!!

First off, it was so great to talk to all of you on Christmas! I loved hearing your voices and laughing with you(even though I was literally sitting in a closet, HAHA!). My Christmas was SO amazing!

Wednesday-Dulce got her hair and make-up done by a cosmetologist in the ward. She said she had never got her hair done before and felt so special. She had gone out and bought a beautiful pink dress to wear and her two little girls looked so cute! Jorge had a full suit with matching tie and everything. We got to the church and I did a photo shot for them by the trees outside the church. We then went in and the Bishop married them. It was a little weird cause Dulce had asked me to be a witness which means they had to announce my first name in front of basically the whole ward. Right after the wedding Dulce went and changed into her white dress. We took a few more pics and then she got baptized. It was SO amazing! I was waiting by the side of the font to give her a towel when she got out and then went to the bathroom to help her. I cried while she got baptized. We then walk into the bathroom and she just stands there and puts her hands to her face and starts bawling. I gave her a huge hug(yes I got soaking wet) and she just kept telling us thank you. I was probably one of the most incredible moments of my mission. There in the bathroom, her dripping wet, crying. I LOVE her!! She is not just an investigator(well recent convert now), she is my friend. I love her so much! I got her a framed picture of the Houston temple so she can always remember her goal. The next time we came to her house she had it hung up right next to the Family Proclamation. HAHa....I really dont know if I could be more obsessed with her or her little girls. Dulce said that Lupita(the 4 year old) always asks when Hermana Richard(no s) is coming by. Dulce said once I go home she will probably ship Lupita to me in a box cause she always wants to be with me. I would be ok with that! LOL!! Lupita came running up to me after Primary on Sunday and dropped all her candy on the way. SO CUTE! I really want you all to meet them.

Chirstmas eve and day went perfect! We Ended up having over 100 presents to give out to the little kids(I sent pictures). Hermana Stevens and I were wrapping for SO long. But I wish you could have seen the face of those little kids when we ave the presents out! I was probably the best Christmas I have ever had! The funnest was when we would leave the presents on the doorstep and then knock and run. Some of the ward members suspect it was us because I made sugar cookies as well and no Hispanic would do that they said, only a gringa. LOL! I loved it!

I received a phone call from my mission President Sunday night and he asked me to train a new missionary. I reluctantly accepted the assignment. He said he has felt for a long time that I needed to train this Hermana. There are just SO many more Hermanas that are just as old as I am and probably have much better Spanish than me. I hung up the phone and cried. Super stressful!! I told him at the beginning of my mission that I never wanted to train and he knew that. I just didn't want the stress and I didn't want to mess it up. Luckily, I had an amazing trainer and I really want to be a friend to her like Hermana Hammar was with me. The first few transfers of the mission are super hard and she will probably be homesick. I pray that I can help her love the mission and I hope I can be a really good friend to her. Please pray for me!

Julia is all ready and set for her baptism on Sunday! We had a lesson with her last night and she is so ready. She just kept talking about how she feels a such peace with her decision. Her cute little 8 year old boy Kevin(baptized just a few months ago) is going to say a prayer and I have a group of kids in the ward that are going to do a cute musical number. I am really excited for her! Pray that all goes as planned.

OK---so we recieved this awesome training last week about mormon.org....you HAVE to go on there. They have redone everything and it will help so much in spreading the gospel. There are these "I am a Mormon" movies that are amazing. My favorite one is Paris. You will have to go on and watch it! Also....go on and make a profile. We are trained now to have every member go on and make a profile. You will need your membership record and confirmation date. DO IT! Also, put it on your facebook or share the link with friends. I sound so much like a missionary right now. LOL!! It is just an easy way to share the gospel without feeling awkward.

I am so thankful for each of you!!! All the kids presents you sent. I cant tell you how much it helped these people and how much they appriciated it. You are amazing! I love you so much!!! Have a fabulous week!

Hermana Ricarda!

No comments:

Post a Comment