Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Happy Turkey Day this week!!

First off...Mom thanks for the lotion! I LOVE packages! How was Twilight??? I am wearing my "Bite me Edward" shirt to celebrate. Hahaha...So I bet you are all excited for Thanksgiving. I am sad I will miss the whole family being together but I think I can handle just getting pictures. :) Oh! And I am SURE Amanda already has the ads scoped out to see what the deals are for Black Friday. I will need pictures of that too. Lol!

This last week went really well!! Except teaching in Spanish is no bueno...it is hard to convey how you are feeling and teach the gospel in a meaningful way when you dont even know the words. I have found it to be a struggle for me because I want to say things perfect and I cant right now.

On Sunday we had 2 amazing speakers! In Relief Society we had Sister Oaks come and speak. She is Elder Oaks wife. Her talk was so good but the part that got me was at the end she had her friend, who has down syndrome, bare her testimony and sing us a song. I started bawling! Then she sang "As I Have Loved You" with the sign language. I was a mess! haha. It really hit home for me and was such a special moment for me to remember how much support I have, on earth and in heaven.

Sheri Dew spoke Sunday night!! It was so awesome!! I was writting notes so fast I thought my hand was going to fall off. She talked about how the patterns I learn here on my mission will help me forever and how my family is being blessed because of my service. She was so great!

My favorite experience this last week was teaching 4 Elders form another district. We have taught them many times a week for 5 weeks. They are awesome guys. Well me and my companions decided to teach to them and try our best to teach by the spirit. We didn't go in with much of a plan. So we started and the guys were goofing off but by the end it was amazing! I felt that I needed to share some of the trials I have had in my life(Tylers death and parents divorce), then I talked about prayer and the Savoir. I started to cry and then the elders started to cry. We asked them how do they feel of Gods love in their life and they said "right now". It was the most spiritual lesson I have ever gave! Later I found out that 2 of the elders parents were divorced and one of them had their sister pass away less than a year ago. I love missionary work! It is so incredible how the spirit can lead you share things you never thought to. After wards the Elder said it was the best lession he had ever heard and he wished he could give us a hug. It wasn't me teaching it was the spirit. My companions and I after that went to the bathroom and cried cause it was so awesome!

I got to host new missionaries on Wednesday. The first girl I had was from Samoa and didnt speak English very well. I loved her! Her family dropped her off in a huge van and they all sang. It was amazing! Oh and while I was waiting for another girl...I saw this black new missionary get out of this really old beat up car. Then 2 of his friends got out. I talked to him later and he is the only member in his family and they wouldnt go with him to the MTC cause they dont support him. So his 2 friends dropped him off and gave him huge hugs and took pictures. I almost started crying! A mission is hard enough, I cannot imagine doing it without the support of family.

Thanks so much for everything! I love you all so much! *HUG* (thats me hugging you :)

Love, Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment