Friday, November 6, 2009

yo hablo espanol??

Family!!

How is everyone?? Thank you so much for the letters and packages. Pretty much whenever I get mail I share it with my companions so they know a lot about you guys. I can't help but telling them all about my family and friends :) They really liked the candy, pictures, letters you have sent for them and they are so grateful for you guys. They keep tellign me how awesome my family is. Of course I couldn't argue with them.
So last Saturday was Halloween...as a missionary you dont really get to celebrate. I wore a green sweater and switched name tags with my companion as my "costume". Oh and we basically pigged out on candy, carmel popcorn, etc. Oh and Maygen! We totally did the scripture thing. It was awesome! My roomates all appriciated it.
This week my favorite thing has to have been when Elder and Sister Rasband from the Presidency of the Seventy came and spoke. It was one of the most amazing talks I have ever heard. Maygen-I guess they were mission Presidents over your mission like 10 years ago and they both centered their talks on NYC and missionary work. It reminded me so much of you. I will try and write more about it in a letter to you! Man, I wish you and Denise could have heard it. But it was all about hte Savior and how to just open your mouth and teach!
So...my companions taught for the first time in Spanish yeaterday!! Agh! It was really scary at first but ended up going better than I tought it would. I definitely have a lot to learn though. It is amazing how fast you can learn here at the MTC. The biggest thing I am having trouble with is conjegations. I know all the conjegations I just forget them while I am talking so I sound kinda ridiculous talking. OH! So we started playing this game with my district, it is called el nativo. Basically we all draw a paper each morning and if your paper says "el nativo" then you have to speak Spanish all day, no matter what! But everyone else wants to trick people into thinking they are the nativo so they tlak in Spanish too. At the end of the night we vote and crown a winner. Of course I draw the nativo the first day. Lets jsut say I was a little quiter than usual. HAHA!!
So not much else is new. Study, class, eat, gym, bed. Thats about it. So I decided to come up with some random facts about the MTC, or at least my version:
Fact:
-my handwritting has gotten worse since being on a mission. If you are lucky enough to get a letter from me have fun translating my handwritting.
-The elders get hot easy so our classroom feels like an ice chest
-It is difficult ot make a bed when it is a bunk bed. I hit my head on the bar EVERYDAY!
-a watch becomes your best friend
-panty hoes become your worse enemy(i dont have to wear them but again the classroom is like an ice chest)
-you learn to get ready faster than the speed of light.
-you love wednesdays becasue all the new missionaries come in nad it makes you feel like an experienced missionary. Really you dont knwo much more than them
-the most drama you hear here is about who is coming for devotional...you will here rumors about a apostle or even last week the prophet. Those are fun times.
-It is weird when you dont have your nametag on. like during gym...you feel incomplete.
-Things at the bookstore are 40% off!!
-Fluent Spanish speakers see your nametag and automatically think you are fluent. LOL "No hablo Espanol...."
-The only time when you leave your companions sight is during gym and when in your dorms.
-You have to have this special credit card thing to eat, get into your floor, residence, etc.
-the food is not good. I do like cereal and salad.
-my room is on the 4th floor so you g et used to goign up stairs-there is free ice cream bars after dinner
-Somewhere there is a room full of all pillows..i havent found it yet. I am still looking :)
That is all the facts I can think of right now.
I am doing really good. I am busy busy studying and trying to learn Spanish. I am so grateful for all of you!
I love you.
-Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment