Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Email!

Hey y'all!
This week has gone by SO fast! It feels like I was just writing you an email. My week is going great. We had some really good speakers this week. Sister Mottsumori(sp?) from the Primary general presidency gave the lesson in Relief Society. She talked all about how to teach primary aged children the gospel. She showed this really cute movie with little kids. I started to cry because I missed Brook, Ash, and Maddy so much!! We also learned the sharing time song for 2010. It is so good. It talks about Christ blessing the children and crying because of them. I have to say that it really made me miss my baby nieces :(
On Tuesday we had Elder L. Tom Perry speak. It was so amazing. He spoke on using the spirit to teach. His brought all fo his grandchildren to sing a song(there was this little girl that looked like Brooklyn, so I started crying again). They sang this song called "My kindness shall not depart from thee" I LOVE that song. Such a good devotional. Also, all 3000 missionaries sang Called to Serve. I cannot even begin to describe to you the feeling of singing that song with the power of 3000 missionaries. It was a very spiritual experience for me and most people around me. It confirmed to me why I am on a mission and the reason I am here.
So....I know that Taylor Swift came out with 7 new songs on Tuesday. Has anyone heard it yet?? wanna give me the dish?? Hahaha...I am kinda sad I cant hear it(Maygen...i NEED lyrics) HAHA!
I had a pretty cool experience at the RC on Wednesday. Remember the RC is where I call people. So I called this 23 year old guy in Detroit, to ask him if he recieved his Book of Mormon he requested. And we talked for like 20 minutes about the gospel! He has read all the way to Mormon. I even asked him to read a verse with me over the phone and he had his BOM with him as he was walking home from class. I got him to agree to meet with the missionaries and pray about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. It was so AWESOME!!
Thanks again for everyone who wrote me letters. I feel SO blessed. I can honestly say that my one companion has only recieved 1 letter since being here. I feel really bad. Maybe mom...you guys could do something for them. I dont know. A little candy or something??
So next week I begin teaching in Spanish...I am going to pee my pants! lol! I really am kinda an idiot when it comes to Spanish, but I am working hard. Teaching lessons in English comes really easy for me so I think I really need to concentrate on Espanol.
Oh! I heard that you are doing a biggest loser challenge with the family! I am so down!! Maybe I will do it here. I can weigh myself once a week. I think I might have lost some weight because I dont eat a lot(i dont really likethe food) and I am always walking up stairs. I am so excitedf or you guys! Keep it UP!!!
Jessica-I am obsessed with your Dearelder! It made me miss your personality. Especially about the old people. Haha
Denise-Jake is awesome! I think I made him kinda nervous when talking to him cause he was trying to be really nice to me. Go for it!!
Maygen-Any cool date stories?? My companions and roomates are dying for more! :)
Sam and Linds-I love you and think about you A LOT! HUG!!(that is a hug from me :)
Thanks again for everything you guys! It is so great to know that I have such a huge support group back at home. I love it! I love and miss you all. OH!! I NEED pictures from Halloween.
Love, Hermana Richards
Mom- if you want to send my companions something it is the same address. Their names are Megan Stevens and Robyn Wright. Thanks! I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment