Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Transfers

"What you do thunders so loudly in my ears I cannot hear what you say." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Its so true! People are constantly watching us to see how we act and how we handle things. Our example is huge! It also reminds me of the quote-"I'd rather see a testimony than hear one any day" I hope that as people see me and view me that they can see someone who represents well Jesus Christ. This week lets be a light unto the world!

First off-no I am not leaving Galveston! But my companion Hermana Gibson is getting transferred so I will be getting a new comp. tomorrow. I am a little nervous to be taking over an area but I know that Lord wouldn't give me something I cant handle. Yay!! I get to be in Galveston for longer.

I totally had to give a talk in church on Sunday! SO scary! LOL!!! My topic was el Espiritu Santo(Holy Ghost). I wrote out my entire talk but when I got up there words came to my mind and it was something completely different than I had planned. Before I prayed so hard to Heavenly Fathere that he would give me the gift of tongues. Everyone told me I did a really good job and that they are impressed with my accent. I sat down afterward and a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. :)

Thanks for the package mom! More to come in a letter I sent off yesterday. Janet----LOVED the pictures :)

Last week we played dodge ball for a zone activity. Well, the elders played and the sisters sat there. I finally decided watching was lame and played. It was pretty intense but at one point it was down to just me on my team and I had to either catch the ball or we lost. I totally caught it!! The Elders came running and cheering! HAHA!! Oh mission life.

We found a less active this last week. His name is Richard. He is my favorite!!! He even came to church. We talked to him on Sunday night and he said he wants to prepare to serve a mission. YEAH! The Lord is making miracles happen here in Galveston.

We were visiting another less active June. She has 3 cute little kids. Well, I whipped out my Cars stickers and started playing with them next thing I knew they were literally climbing all over me and playing. One HUGE tender mercy Heavenly father continues to give me is the love of little kids.

We had a Noche de Hogar last night(FHE) and I thought of playing the game the human pretzel---the one where everyone takes someone elses hands and you have to untangle yourselves. It was super fun!!! I took pictures and will send some next week. So fun!

This week went really good. Its letting warm here but luckily(thank goodness for the ocean breeze) hasn't been hot yet.

I am happy to be here on a mission! I get to talk to you all in about 3 weeks. I will give you more info once I know the phone number and everything. Not sure what time yet either. We have church from 9 till 1:30 so I will most likely call in the afternoon. I will give you more details. I will be calling MOM and DAD. I talked to President to see if I could call on Fathers day and he said it would get to complicated with the other missionaries and their different home situations. But he said I could have more time if I needed it. So I look forward to talking to both of you in a few weeks.

Have a wonderful week! I love you!

-Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment