Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What in the World Did I Just Agree to?

"Be still and know that I am God"

This scripture is one of my favorites. Recently a huge trial has been put in my missionary life right now---I will explain later in this email. I have had to put my faith in God completley because I cannot do it alone. I have felt His peace and love. We all can feel it if we turn to Him. There have been times like I feel like I cannot go on and I can feel angels pushing me so that I can fulfill this work. Heavenly Father is mindful of us. Turn to Him and He wil ease your burdens.

OK!!! So at transfer meeting President Saylin gets up and talks about how in South America there are NO cars for missionaries to use. None. And if you compare the South America baptisms to the U.S. they have tons more. SO President Saylin wants to do an "experiment" for this transfer. He wants volunteers that will park the car for a transfer and only use bikes. Well.......of course my district wants to do it. Therefore, I am on a bike-NO CAR! I bike everywhere. I have been on a bike full time since Saturday. We biked to wal-mart and bought groceries yesterday and then walked home with them on our bikes. We took the bus to the library today. We have to ride bikes to church on sundays. I can use the car once a month to drive to Zone conferences in Sugar Land and Doctors appts. But that is it!!!! So I have been sweating my butt off on a bike and will be for 5 more weeks. My butt is SO sore! HAHA! And ot to mention it is super hott. I sent a pic home that is what I look like at the end of the day. SO gross! So needless to say I need a few things-----you know those split slips to wear under a skirt so I can ride my bike??? or just shorts(thin-cause its hott), if you could send more pain meds-ibprofin(helps with the sore butt), misquito repelant(I have 10 bites right now), safety pins(you put them on your skirt so it doesn't get stuck in the chain), and sunscreen(I BURNED on sat. haha--now its a tan). If you caould get those things to me soon it would be AWESOME! I am suffering a little bit but I will servive. At least I will be tan and skinny. LOL!!

SO my new comp(Hermana Bird---I will talk about her later) we are doing a weigh in every Sat. to see how much weight we have lost while on bikes. She has gained 30 pounds while on the mission so she is trying to get it off. I already feel like I have lost weight and it has only been 4 days. I will update you next week on what happened with the weigh in. LOL!

My new comp is Hermana Bird. She is awesome!! I sent a few pics home so you can see her. Her and I are a lot a like. She is from Orgeon and graduated from BYU in public health. I am really excited to be working with her.

Mothers day---You guys(mom and dad) giving me a call Sunday during hte day sometime. I am not sure of the details yet. I will DEFINITELY tell you everything in my next email. But it is same like last time--I will give you a number and time and you have to call me. I am excited to talk to you all!!

PLEASE pray for me this week! Biking is SO hard. It is a huge trial of my faith but I know I can do anything with the help of the Lord. Have a good week!!

Love,
Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment