Monday, April 19, 2010

6 Months!

"If you only knew what was ahead you'd feel nothing but overwhleming joy all the time" -President Uchtdorf

Isn't it so true? We all know about the plan God has for us to return to live with Him. To be in a perfected state without pain or sorrow. This life is only a speak in the rhelm of eternity. Let us today and always recognize that this life is a time to prepare to meet God. We have to be doing all we can because the reward will be great. Life is tough and stressful! But with the knowledge of this joy to come we can press on and we can endure. Keep your eye focused on why we are truly here and our purpose. Because it will bring a feeling of happiness and joy.

My week went really well. To be honest I don't feel like I have too much to talk about. It rained like crazy here yesterday. I was soaking wet!!! There comes a point when you feel so ugly as a missionary that you don't even care if you are soaking wet, your hair is a rats nest, and any make-up you had on was gone 5 hours ago! Oh the joy of a mission! HAHA!

Funny story-I really don't enjoy the food here. LOL I avoid it at all costs. I have resorted to bags and throwing things on my companions plates when the person isnt looking. Mostly I do that with tomato and avacado. My companion luckily loves them! Needless to say I miss my form of "mexican food"---meaning Cafe Rio.

We had an awesome week were we were able to exceed our goals. We had 25 sitdowns and over 10 OYMs each. That is crazy good! and I think we had the most in the mission. I am really trying to work my tail off. Some awesome miracles have come because of it.

We have 2 new people with a baptismal date. It is a mom and brother of a less active in the Branch. Well, we went in there not having any clue what to teach(the mom) well I prayed silently in my heart to know and all the sudden Christ's baptism came to my mind. Well....why not tlak baout baptism the first time i meet them? LOL So I taught about Matt 3 and then extended her a baptismal date. Before I could finish my sentence she said Si. It was crazy! The spirit really told me what to teach. It was awesome! We also taught Juan(the brother). Well, Hna. Gibson went into her rote routine of lesson 1 and the spirit was not there. I was getting frustrated cause she wouldn't even let me talk or take a breath, he was clearly LOST! So I said another silent prayer and just cut her off and started talking. I looked him straight in the eyes and told him about the love Heavenly Father has for him and that everything is going to be alright. That the gospel is where we can find true happiness. Well he started to cry and his eyes never left mine. It was one of the most awesome lessons I have had yet. I extended him a baptismal date and he accepted without hesitation. The spirit was really guiding the lesson. I was so happy! But it is sometimes difficult to teach with the spirit when my comp. teaches the way she does. I need more patience.

So I hit my 6 month mark on Wed. Sometimes it feels like I have been here forever and other times it feels like I just got here. Time from this point on will fly. I will find out about transfers next monday. So my next email will have that info. I really don't think I am going anywhere, but we will see.

I love you all! Have a good week!

-Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment