Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hoppy Easter!

"Sometimes the Lord calms the storm and sometimes He lets the storm rage and He calms the sailor"

I love this quote! Hermana Hammar used to quote it a lot. It is by Neal A. Maxwell. I think it is so true that even if Heavenly Father gives us moments of trail or craziness, He always gives us the ability to feel peace. We have to ask and He will offer us the love and peace that comes through His spirit. I know that even though storms rage in our lives we can have a silence and reverence within our souls. Turn to Him and He will provide that never ending feeling of hope and love.

I had a good week! I went to the Houston Temple for the first time. It was so beautiful! I took some pictures and have a few of them sent. It was a gorgeous day and the grounds looked amazing with the pink and yellow tulips. :) I love the feeling within the temple. I was able to feel peace even though moments on a mission can be tough. I also was able to see Hermana Hammar for the first time since transfers. Her and I started crying and we gave big huges. She has a hard companion right now like I do. I love her so much! Definitely a tender mercy from the Lord.

I also met with President this last week. We had Presidents interviews. He is so awesome! He knows exactly what I need to hear. He said I was sent to Galveston to help the people but also to help my companion step it up. If you know what I mean. I think I am kinda kicking her butt right now because I am determined to get our goals. It is going good. I am learning patience that is for sure!

We had an awesome Easter activity in the church. It was so cute to see all the little kids go on an easter egg hunt and we ate a pancake breakfast. It was combined with the Spanish branch and English ward on the island. So fun! and a family in the ward even gave all the missionaries an easter basket. They are all so supportive!

Conference is this weekend!!! I am so excited! I encouage all of you to go. In fact, I was thinking. Maybe it would be a good idea for at least Sunday morning to go as a family to the chapel and listen. that way everyone will pay attention and get more out of it. Instead of doing other things and not getting as much out of it as you could. Just a suggestion :)

Some of you have asked about my investigators right now. I will tell you about a couple.
Luis-He is an older man that LOVES to read teh book of mormon. He used to smoke a pack a day and not we have him down to 2 cigerettes a day! He had a baptisaml date for april 11th but he needs to get married to the woman he is living with---only problem is that she is still married to a man in Guatemala. It is a huge chralie fox!! but we are praying for a miracle.

Sofia-She is the cutest woman ever. She is 31 and tries to speak English. SO cute! She is going very slow. We have only taught her the first 2 lessons. We are hoping that she will pray to find out that this is the true church.

Silvia-Sad story. She was supposed to get baptized two days ago but backed out nad now says she isnt looking for a church right now. Super sad! We are trying to be patient but if she doesnt progress we cant keep visiting her.

Those are our 3 main investigators right now. We are constantly looking for new people and are going through people like crazy. But such is missionary life. I am doing good. I pray that you all have a good week! I love you

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment