Tuesday, March 9, 2010

what-a-burger???---in-n-out!!!

Hey Family!

First off you are probably wondering why I put that as the subject of the email. Well, they have this burger place here called whataburger. Everybody loves it for some reason. I really dont know why. It tastes like wendy's or like fat burger at home.....definitely NOT in-n-out! haha!

Another miracle-I was driving and then suddenly I notcied the car in front of me had Nevada plates! I seriously got so excited. Hermana Hammar wrote a sign and held it up to the window as we drove past(like Jess does all the time) HAHA!!! He was younger and just started laughing. I wish I could have gotten a picture. That is the first time I have seen a Nevada plate. There really are very few cars that have anything other than Texas plates.

On wed. the senior missionaries that ususally teach the English class were sick so they asked if we could do it. LOL! ok...so we ended up teaching new words, playing a game where they had to run up to the board and find the word then they got extra points if they could throw the roll of toilet paper in the trash can(my idea...i had to improvise). It was fun! Then Hermana Hammar taught some grammar etc. Needless to say it was funny cause-well, I dont speak spanish very well.

About 3-4 people this week have told me how much my Spanish has improved. I actually can communicate with people and kind of have a conversation. Normally Hna. Hammar would help me out.

We went to a members house for dinner on Thurs. She is awesome! She loves Rachel Ray so she had us help her make one of the recipies from her show-mushroom quesidillas and salsa with beans and rice. It turned out pretty good.

We had a noche de hogar(family home evening) at this members house with an investigator and there is this adorable little girl-her name is Lupe. Well she kept putting princess stickers all over me and when it was time to sing she grabbed my pen and tried to conduct. She is like 4 years old. I love her! Plus, she doesn't judge me for my Spanish. LOL!

Last night we went and visited an inactive family. Well, they have never let us in and last night they did! We taught them about the plan of salvation and church. They already know what they are supposed to be doing they just havent taken that step to go back. We invited them ot an activity tonight. I really hope they come. The one son-Jerry was pretty cool. I talked with him a lot about BYU and Utah(he spoke English-dont overestimate my skills :) He really wants to come back to church.

One of our recent converts, Armando is really stuggling. He basically doesn't want ot come to church anymore. He is the one who was baptized in December. It is really hard for me to understand him. It takes so much out of us to convice him to continue coming. The ward really needs to step it up or he is going to become inactive.

I guess I really never realized what missionary work entails. REally the help of the members is key. We are always needing a member ot come with us to appointments, or befriend or investigators(sit by them in chruch or invite them to dinner) I never knew what the members where supposed to do. And when missionaries come ot our house htey normally eat then peace out. We NEVER do that. We always leave with a spiritual message and a commitment. Maybe you guys could ask the missionaries in the ward how you could help more. Those members that call us and offer help really are life savors and take SO much stress of. Tell them they can bring an investigator over to the house for dinner and a message. I promise it helps!------Maygen-------I have an extra challenge for you. I was going to write it in my letter to you today but I will include it here. Will you plan to go out with the missionaries sometime?? For like a lesson or something? Even if it is to tract or contact. They really need your awesome skills and then they would be able to get more of their goals accomplished. Actually, Everyone can offer to go out with the missionaries ;) Dont think I am pressuring you....it honestly just saves us. The members can often help investigators progress so much faster then we ever could.

I hope you all have an amazing week.

Jessica---i am obsessed with the inside jokes. They made me laugh out loud. :)


I love you!

SARAH

No comments:

Post a Comment