Tuesday, March 9, 2010

TRANSFERS!

Hey family!!

I LOVED hearing about your Disneyland trip. So jealous! I am not surprised that
mom and Dave got soaking wet. I really need pictures! Like especially of the
girls. I haven't gotten any new pictures of them since being on my mission. I
definitely need pictures!!!

So yes I am getting transferred. I am sad! I LOVE Hermana Hammar and I am so sad
to be leaving her. Here is the thing.....my zone leader told me that only one
other Hermana is getting transferred so I am 95% sure that I am going to
GALVESTON! crazy! Oh and sisters in galveston are on bike---yes I know I havent
riden a bike for about 10 years. this will be interesting HAHAH!!!! Pray for me!
lol! I hear it is basically mexico there! I will have so much to write you next
week. The thing that sucks is mail is unreliable in galveston and we only get
mail from the office like every 2 weeks or so. :( that doesnt mean you can stop
writting me.

This week was good. We achieved all of our goals! I worked SO hard! We got 10
OYM's this week and over our 20 sit downs(lessons). SO basically I found a
Panera bread here! WE ate there last week and today! So delicious. I literally
cried when I saw it! Hermana Hammar was like "whats wrong" lol!

On saturday we had this thing called a mini mission. It is where youth from the
stake go out with us for a day and are missionaries. We got a girl named Dulce.
She was awesome! She is 17 and the best thing is she spoke perfect spanish. LOL!
She helped me so much. But what a cool thing for the youth to be able to do. Our
stake should do it.

Last monday we visited an inactive girl. She is the only member in her family,
Kristy. She basically takes care of her 3 little brothers cause her mom is in
jail and her dad works all the time or is drunk. So on monday we went over there
to play a game/lesson with them. Well, Danny 5 years old comes out and he is
sick. He was wrapped up in a little blanket and I asked him if her wanted to sit
by me. He nodded his head yeah and then came and layed next to me. When I was
tlaking to him he looked like he was going to cry! so sad! The boys just need a
mom. The house is disgusting, they are all sick, have no food. They play outside
in shorts and a shirt in 50 degree weather. It is really hard to see. We try to
get the ward invlolved but they really are not that supportive. Pray for them!

Well, it sounds like you all had an awesome week! I am serious about those
pictures ;) You will have to plan a trip like that when I get home.

P.S. Paul----i am proud of you going on splash mountain...i know its scawy! :(

I love you all SO OSOSOSOS much! HUGS :)

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment