Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Where are the brakes on this bike???

"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache" -Sister Hinckley

I love this quote! How many times do we have a moment in our lives when we feel so overwhelmed and stressed? Heavenly Father gives us challenges to stretch us. So we can learn and grow. I have felt this almost every day since being on my mission. But I know that I am learning attributes and qualities that are needed for the challenges that will come in my life. The things I learn here are strengthening me! You have to laugh when something goes wrong, it will help you get through it. :)

My week went well. The title of this email is funny cause I rode the bike for the first time in almost 10 years. It was an adventure for sure! HAHAH! I started out really rocky but then got used to it. I still cant turn very well but with practice I will soon be a pro. I send a couple of pics so you all could see. :)

Last week was spring break for everyone here so the beaches and Island were packed! This is definitely a tourist spot. Kinda cool though cause I talk to people from all over the world. It is sometimes hard to look at the beach all the time without being able to go on it. I promised myself one day I would come back and lay on the beach-soaking up the sun!

Thank you SOSOSOSO much for the packages-Family and Janet! I have my easter basket sitting on my desk. I promised myself I couldn't open the Cars egg till Easter-gives me something ot look forward to. :) The pictures were awesome too! Looks like you had fun. I already put some of them on my wall.

We(6 missionaries) sang in church yesterday, La oracion del profeta(joseph smiths first prayer). It turned out awesome! I am actually excited to sing in church when I get home. Jess---be finding some awesome music :) OH! so I got inlisted to be the ward choir pianist-KILL ME!! there is NO ONE else that plays piano. It was cool to be back in choir mode for a little while nad teach people how to sing and parts. THe only problem was I had to do it in Spanish :(

So let me tell you a little bit more about the condition of the Island. Hurricane Ike really tore it up here. Many of the houses are still in shambles. Most houses I go into are SO small. Like the size of our front living room. I sit on upside down buckets to eat dinner or share a message. Its crazy! People here have little ot no money. But they are so willing to help the missionaries-which is awesome!

I get to go to the temple on Friday! I am so excited! It is like 2 1/2 hours away though. It is going to be an amazing day! I will take tons of pictures for all of you!

Conference is coming up and I am stoked. Everyone try to go into conference with a question in mind. You will get an answer from the mouths of the speakers. It is going to be great!! I love all of you! have a fabulous week :)

Love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment