Thursday, February 18, 2010

John Got Baptized!

Ok....so you remember the man I talked about last week-Jhon. Well, we had an appt. with him on Friday and he said he wanted to get baptized Sat. So me and Hermana Hammar totally threw together a baptism in 24 hours!! It was so awesome. I am sending a ton of pictures today. Oh it was so great. I played piano of course and Hermana Hammar gave a talk on Baptism and a man from our ward gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. I sang a song-----I sang The Lord Is My Shephard. I decided to sing that one cause when Jhon was walking to America and he was so tired and wanted to stop he would say the words of Psalms 23 in his head---well Psalms 23 is the lord is my shephard. So I was singing(in Spanish of course---everything I sing is in Spanish) and he was following along in the hymns book wiht the words and he started crying. SO I am trying to get through this song and he is right in front of me crying. I barely made it through it. :) Well, he then got baptized. It was cool cause as he was walking out of the font he looked back at me nad sister Hammar and smiled.....I was bawling. I had a baptism when I first got here but I was here when we taught Jhon everything. I wish you all could meet him. He is serisouly my favorite. He is like a white Spanish speaking man. And he is so concerned about me and Hna Hammar all the time. If it is really cold outside he will call to make sure we are ok. OH!!!! So His daughter ended up getting baptized at the exact same moment he did but in Columbia! Awesome right!! The reason she got baptized was becasue Jhon told her about hte church---because we were teaching him! So cool.....I will write more about it ....i have like 2 mintues left

The rest of my week was good. Thanks eveyrone for the mail!!!I love you all so much!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment