Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Amanda!

Hey ya’ll,

Everyone said they sent me mail but I didn’t get some of it on Friday. I am seeing the Dunnings tonight and they usually give me my mail. If not I will get it this Friday. Thanks everyone for the emails.

This week was kinda weird. I dont feel like I have to much to talk about. Hermana Hammar got sick on Wed. so we were inside most of the day. I was bored out of my mind! Luckily she felt good the next day so we could go out.

We picked up a few new investigators this week. Elmer-he is awesome! We have taught him 2 lessons. He even missed work so he could have an appt. with us(and as a hispanic that just gets random work that is a huge deal!). Well, he really wanted to come to church yesterday so we said we would find him a ride. Well, like a million calls later NO ONE could take him. Seriously!! This ward is a little disfunctional. We are trying hard to get their support but it is just not there. It makes the work really hard when it seems like no one around you cares.

So we have been contacting in some different areas this week. Mom you would probably die if you saw the places I was walking and knocking. They aren't unsafe but just super super ghetto and hispanic. Sometimes I could hear your "eww" in my head. HAHA!

What is this about Taylor Swift being in a movie??? AHHH!! You will have to tell me how it is. We were at subway Sat. night and they played Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts...it was killer. I really do miss my music. :(

I am glad Dave has an interview! I pray that it goes well! Good luck! Hearing about your guys' classes has been so funny. CSN is just a little ghetto huh? HAHA!! Jay-I almost died at the story of mom in class. I literally laughed out loud and everyone at the library gave me a weird look. P.S. I really do need those wedding cut outs ;) lol

We were tracting one day and knocking doors when this woman named Dee answered and said "oh good hurry and come in I need you" I was like ok. HAHA! Well it turns out she was pregnant and was getting induced(sp??) that night. We taught her about the plan of salvation-2nd lesson and she wanted to know more so we taught her about the restoration-1st lesson. She is awesome! But-because she is English we have to hand her over to the English missionaries. That happens A LOT!! Its ok though.

Well, nothing else is new this week. Lots of contacting. It is a standard of excellence to talk ot 10 people a day besides appointments. So we are always running to catch people. It is sometimes hard cause you have to approach this random person and tell them about the Restoration and the church. Its a fear I have to get over everyday.

I hope you all have a good week! Have fun watching the super bowl! Love you!

Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment