Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Mommy!!!

"It shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say" D&C 100:6

This scripture has a story that goes along with it this week. I will include it later in my email. I just have felt an amazing influence of the Spirit guiding me and directing me. In this one specific lesson it wasn't me teaching. My words were His words. I cannot even describe to you the feeling and the guidance I felt. The Lord really does qualify those that are weak to be His strong servants. I feel so blessed for the mercy of Heavenly Father. He is watching out for us and He is mindful of our struggles. And He can make our dreams come true. You just have to begin to believe-exercise your faith, walk a little into darkness. And great shall be your reward and His blessings will be poured down upon you! I love the Lord!

The story I am talking about is an invesitgator we are teaching. Her name is Mary-Beth. She was taught by the sisters here on the island back when the Hermanas covered English and Spanish. Her husband is a less active member. So when I first got to Galveston she had just gotten back from living in California because her husband Randi was put into the hospital(in Galveston). He was in the hosptial for 60 days struggling for his life--i think it was liver failure. Well, in this time I got introduced to her and we would go over to give her messages of peace and hope. Randi died 2 weeks ago. On the night he died I woke up in the middle of the night at 12:30 and immediately thought "CALL MARY BETH" I thought NO that is crazy! I cant do that it is the middle of the night, Well, the spirit then told me again CALL HER! Well, I was too stubborn and said no I am not going to embarass myself and call her so late. I couldn't fall asleep for a long time after that. I woke up to a text from Mary Beth saying that Randi passed away at 12:30 last night. I couldn't believe it. I felt super bad because I didnt call her when I felt like I needed to.......So we have been teaching Mary beth for about a week and a half. I LOVE her!!! She is amazing. She is English speaking so I can actually really be involved with her teaching. Whenever we teach her the spirit is always there so strong. she is truly amazing. Last night we taught her the Plan of Salvation. I began to talk about the pre-mortal life. And for some reason I talked baout how before this life we knew the challenges we were going to have to face and we still agreed to come here to earth. I stopped and just looked at her and she said to me, "Why havent I been told this before? I feel like I just learned something that changed my life. I know that this is true. Everything now makes sense to me. The reason Randi died, the reason my life has been so hard. I know that this is the true church of God. I am going to get baptized. And I want to change my life forever so that I can live wiht my Heavenly Father again like I did before this life." I sat there in awe, and thought---"I NEVER teach that in a lesson...." my heart was pounding and I felt the spirit so strong.She said the prayer for the first time and cried. Thanking Heavenly Father for this knowledge. I cried also. I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!! I sat there and the spirit confirmed to me that she is one of the reasons I am here on a mission. I am supposed to be teaching her. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father! He let me be his mouthpiece. I love the Lord!!!

Funny story-------We went to an investigators house cause they wanted us to help them make papusas(an El salvador food) SO after an hour nad a half of standing in a boiling hot kitchen we sit dow nadn begin to eat....now in the words of my companion.............
"""" But some of our investigators called us over because she was making papusas...the best hispanic food EVER! So we went over and learned how to make them. Then while we were making it, Vanessa, the daughter, starts freaking out because "the show" is on...the Latin Beauty Pageant. ...Well....the papusas were done and of course the whole family is sitting around watching the pageant. I am trying to eat my papusas and try to strike up conversation or something. SOMETHING to get away from the sly peaks that I've been making at the television to see who these gorgeous women are, where they are from...trying not to hear while they are introducing the competitors...and then in my last attempt and in desperation I finally look at my companion, good Hermana Richards...her eyes are GLUED to the TV and shoving down the gorgeous and delicious papusas...and in that minute I knew...why struggle...this is it...so I gave up and started watching and shovling down my own delishness...we left before we found out the winners...but dont you worry my favorite at least made it to the top 4....haha...."""""""""
Ok.....i promise I am a good missionary. But when I was sweating like a cow for hours and I was dying of course I am going to watch the TV that is like 2 feet away from me. I was so done. LOLOL!!!!

We had a fun activity in the church where we all played volleyball. I sent some pictures :) I lvoe the branch here!!!

We went to sonic to get drinks when we were dying and when the worker asked my companion what size she wanted she said "HUGE" ....it made me think of you mom.....biggie diet coke LOL

I have no time left!! Dang! I love you guys. good luck moving!!!!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment