Sunday, March 13, 2011

Going Back to Galvy!

I am going back to my favorite island today! Well, its only for 3 days but I am super excited!! I am going on exchanges with an Hermana there which I think will be really good because Hermana Ruplinger needs to take over our area here soon and this will get her prepared. I am really stoked to see all my favorite people on the island and ot be riding next to the ocean on my bike.....ahhhh....good memories. AND it is totally hot here again. So I get to work hard and sweat my last month. The humidity is what kills me....and my hair.

It seems as though the crap hit the fan this last week. 2 of our part-member families that we are working with are on the verge of separation. We had a charming lesson(sarcastic) with one of them that resulted in him telling us he doesnt want us to come over and her begging us to never leave. She was in tears. It is actually kind of comical that we (Hermana Ruplinger and I), the ONLY 2 Hermanas in the mission with divorced parents are trying to help families from killing one another. interesting.......I have been praying a lot. I love these people and can ardly imagine not being here with them....even if everything is a tranny mess.

Our cute little 9 year old investigator(her dad is a less active) bought us these cute cupcakes on friday. They were like the gourmet ones like from the cupcakery. She said that we needed something sweet after a long week. I love her!

I feel like I always give you random details of my week. I guess I stop talking about lessons and contacts because I have talked a lot about it in the past. My email are full of nothingness lately. :)

One example that an Hermana in our ward yesterday used in our lesson I really liked. She talked about how we need to be like telescopes. Because they are usually on hills away from the grime and grossness of the owrld so that it wont obscure its view. that is just like us. We need to lift ourselves above and out of the world in order to really see and have a more heavenly view.

I love you bunches!!! I hope to get a good missionary tan this week on my bike in Galveston!
Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment