Sunday, March 13, 2011

No Title

What a week! I wish I could express my joy and happiness to return to Galveston for a few days. It was exactly what I needed and was such a good experience for me. It just felt SO great to be on my bike again riding around next to the ocean and seeing all the people that I served. I saw basically the entire branch and they were all so exctied to see me. I didn't think little Victoria was going to let me go! I forgot how much I love it there. While I was there we visited a part-member family I worked with last summer. I know that it was inspired to have me go there because I had formed a good relationship with them. The Hermana cried when she saw me and she began to pour out her soul to me on how she had been feeling and trials she was facing. She stopped going to church because of some drama that happened within the branch. She was able to talk to me and open up. She said she hadn't felt comfortable with the other Hermanas to do so. I instantly felt that I was needed there at that time and no where else. It was so good to have the opportunity to go back to a place that has such a sacred place in my heart. I love Galveston. As we were riding our bikes I had the time to just think back on my mission and remember some very sacred and revelatory moments. These last few weeks have not been easy for me. I have had some very bitter-sweet moments that have cause a lot of tears. I am jsut so grateful for this time I have had to serve a mission. I wish I could explain into words the things I have learned and the many times I have felt the hand of the Lord direct me. Galveston helped me to remember all He has given me. It was a time and experience that I needed to just remember.

On Thursday we had the last day of our mission conference. Holy cow it was really hard.....I have just made some really good friendships and I basically bawled knowing that I had to say goodbye to some of these missionaries. It was just the last time to be there for mission stuff. I guess I sound like a huge baby....I am just sad to be leaving.

My week was just really good. BUT Hermana Ruplinger has been sick for 3 days straight. It has been an adventure. We have had to stay in a lot and I have been bored out of my mind in the apartment. I have done a lot of reading in my Book of Mormon. :)

I hope you are all doing excellent. I love you lots!!
Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment