Sunday, March 13, 2011

Here Comes the Sun

We have been on bikes a lot these last few days which means that I totally have my watch tan back! HAHA!! It is starting to get warm again which makes me happy because it is so much harder to do missionary work in the cold, just not as many people outside to contact. I love my bike becasue I am outside with all the people and am able to contact more. It makes me feel like more of a missionary.

We had a mission conference on Thursday and will have it every Thursday for het next 3 weeks. President Saylin is trying to get us all trained on some new material recieved from the brethren of the church. They make for really long days because from 7:30-6pm we learn and then role play. It is making me a better missionary even if I feel like I want to pull my hair out sometimes. :)

Dulce and Jorge have a friend that they referred us to and he is awesome! His name is Diego. Like off the kids show- Go Diego, Go! HAHA! We are meeting with him again today but he already loves reading his Book of Mormon. I called him to make daily contact and I asked about his reading. He then proceeded to teach me over the phone for 10 mintues about the doctrine of Christ and the importance of authority in baptism. Awesome much? I fully expect that in this next little while he will get baptized.

We went over to Hermana Latorre's apartment on Wednesday to help her wash her clothes. She simply cannot do it because she is still recovering from surgery. Well, as we were finishing putting her clothes in the drier I told her we would be back in 45 minutes to take them out because we have the goal to contact 10 people everyday per missionary. I told her that we needed a few more to be caught up. She then turned to me and said "what like 9?" HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! It was so true! She is so sassy. I really think that is why I love her so much. She is just an old version of myself.

We are doing a ton of great finding! We have our solid families that we are working with but need to find more investigators so we have hit the pavement and met some really great people that I am excited to teach. I pray that they will accept our message and progress.

At the conference on Thursday Sister Saylin gave a great talk on revelation. I realzed that I needed to turn more to my Heavenly Father for help in knowing what to do to help my investigators. I found myself relying too much on my own ideas and knowledge and not being so focuesed on receiving inspiration. I regret that. This last week I have turned to the Lord a lot in prayer and there is such a difference in the work. What a blessing it is to be a missionary!

I love you bunches!!
Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment