Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hi!

Hey everyone!

I hope you didn't freak out when you didn't get an email from me yesterday. Because it was MLK day all the libraries were closed.

My week was good. We have had a little of crazy weather. Like it was really rainy and windy last week and today it is like roasting! My companion said if I am complaining about being hot now I will have a hard time surviving the summer. Oh joy! Haha.

The bed bugs are gone now but...I found out on Sunday I have scabies. Don't freak out mom. Bascially it is when I have little bugs in my skin. I guess you pick them up from dirty mexican dogs. I have NEVER touched a dog but they are always around. My companion got it last transfer. I washed everything in this toxic stuff and the doctor proscribed me some cream that you rub all over it. I guess it goes away in a week or so. It is pretty gross though :(

This Sunday there is a stake fireside and guess who they asked to sing?? Yup, me....again. This is my 3rd musical number in 5 weeks. I am singing Joseph Smith's First Prayer in spanish with this violinist kid. I will tell you how it went on Monday. I actually dont really get scared to sing in front of people here cause in the latino culture people cant sing. LOL sad but true.

There is a member in our ward and she has this 3 year old little girl, Abby. The member speaks English, thankfully! She has us over to eat about once a week. Well we always play with Abby for a few minutes. Abby is an only child but I guess when she goes to school or class other kids will talk about their sisters. Well, Abby will then tell everyone about "her sisters" (Me and Hermana Hammar) HAHA! She calls us sisters when we are there and ALWAYS cries when we leave. :) Her mom is the same member that got me a blanket, stuffed animal, and socks for Christmas! I now sleep with this pink plush piggy with a crown and tutu. Abby has one just like it. LOL

Yesterday we did some service for a member in our ward. We(me and my comp. and 2 Elders) helped him clear some of his land. I totally used a mashetti(sp??). But only for a few minutes cause I didnt want to chop my hand off. The worst part was I asked him if he had a lot of rabbits cause I saw tons of their holes.He was like "thats not rabbits holes, they are sewer rats holes" I wanted to die!! what in the heck is a sewer rat??!! SO gross! Needless to say I stayed clear from that area of the yard. The elders laughed at me, as ususal.

Thank you so much for the Valentines package!! I was so excited. I put some of the hearts up on my wall but i think I am going to save the rest and go heartattacking near Valetines on members doors.

We had a really awesome dinner and lesson in a members house with John. He is seriously so ready to get baptized!! He already knows so much. We have taught him everything like 3 times. He wants to be baptized just is worried that once her gets baptized he wont be able to stay on the right path. He is worried about faultering. Also his family is a joke. They are all so nice to us to our face and then basically make fun of John for praying and reading. I need to kick some Columbian butt!

I'm trying to think of anything new. We as a mission are requiered to get 10 open your mouths per day. It is so hard! I have been killing myself trying to teach, find, reactivate, etc. It really is exhausting.

I am thankful for each of your letters and emails. Transfers are next week. Next time I email I should know if I am being transferred or not. I will let you know. I am glad each of you got to volunteer. I have only heard a little about what happened in Haiti. It sounds terrible. The members house we did service yesterday for was cleaning his yard that was still a wreck from the last hurricane. Hopefully there aren't any terrible hurricanes here anytime soon. I love you and think about each of you. HAve a good week!!

Love, Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment