Monday, January 4, 2010

I can't believe its 2010!

Happy New Year!

Wow! So this week has felt like a year but thats ok. I have a to I want to tell you about and you all asked a ton of questions in your emails so I want to answer them. First-your questions

Yes, bed bugs are gross. I havent gotten any recently but I spray permitherin(sp?) almost every night and wash my clothes with it. Not to mention bug spray myself every night. Its ok. I am serviving them. Hahah..

Jess- congrats on becoming an EMT!! That is so awesome! I am excited for you and mom to have communications together. I wish I could see it! haha...oh and awesome new years resolutions! I dont have many...except to servive. LOL

Maygen-I really need to hear more about this doctor ASAP! As soon as anything happens :) OH! and I also like your new years resolution. Writing me every week! YES!! Oh and I do have an umbrella..no worries. It has already got good uses out of it. I have started my tender mercies on the calender. It is perfect. Oh and thanks for the Taylor quote. Always love it! We were teaching John one day in the club house of his apartment complex and the big screen was on...and it was taylor swift, no lie. It took all my power not to look even though it was in right in front of me.(i couldnt figure out how to turn it off). haha

Amanda-I had to be back at the apartment by 7 New Years night so I slept through the new year! haha....sleep was more important. LOL They have cici's pizza here. Everyone always is tlaking about it. I have had it a couple times. LOL Next time you and Beau will make sure to not lose so you dont have to buy dessert. Oh and I hope Beau's leg is feeling better :(

So my week was long...i already said that. First off, We have a baptism next week. I am SO excited for it. His name is John and he is awesome! We also teach him English. We help him with English and he makes me repeat things in Spanish. It is funny! OH! And a week ago he told us if he got baptized than we would have to eat a Columbian favorite food......an ANT!! I'm not even joking. It is an ant with a "big butt" and they fry it. I will be sure to take pictures! Oh the things I am doing for my investigators.

So I stepped in dog poo twice in the last 2 days...that was fun. Dogs are everywhere here. Roaming the streets and stuff. Oh chickens and roosters too. Weird.

So like I said to Amanda my New Years was pretty boring. We plannned all day then worked for 2 hours then had to be back to our apartment by 7. My companion and I got in our PJ's and made cookies. I was asleep by 10:00. LOL I slept through the new year.

So we kinda get lost here quite easily. Especially when we walk in neighborhoods. There is like NO organization to the streets! Luckily The dunnings(a senior couple that LOVES us) bought a new GPS and totally gave me their old one. It is little and perfect! I call it tomtom because that is what it says on it. OH!! JESSICA-what do they call the GPS in RV??? LOLA?? I am going to call it that.

So cool story- Saturday night we were contacting people a lot of the day. So we were outside the house of an appt. when I saw these people walking. I felt like I needed to talk to them. SO I jumpped out of the car-my comp. didnt know what was going on- and I started talking to them. Luckily 1 of them spoke English.(people here are either hispanic or black-no white) We invited them to come to church, like we tell eveyone and that was it. Guess what?!! Sunday me and Hna. Hammar are sitting in sacrament and I looked over and there they were! They came!! Afterward we talked to them and they want ot go to stake conference next week. They meet the bishop and everything! GOLDEN! haha....we will see what happens

The days all kinda feel the same. I have gotten to know my district. They are all cool. They think I am hilarious for some reason. Maybe I am just too honest and they aren't getting it. lol

I am doing better. Honestly, it jsut depends on the day or moment. I am doing ok. I smile and nod my head cause I dont know Spanish but I am surprised at how much I understand. I dont need anything right now. I have everything. Just write me!! Its kinda sad when they pass out mail on Fridays at District meeting and I dont get anything :(

I love you and LOVED your emails today. They lifted me up. Keep smiling. I know that because I am on a mission HEavenly Father is watching out for my family. He has promised it. Push through the hard times cause thats when Heavenly Father knows we are truly devoted to him nad the things that are important. I Love you so much!!

Love,
Hermana RIchards

No comments:

Post a Comment