Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What do you mean John cant find his car??

Hey family!

I bet you are all wondering why my email is titled the way it is. I will ex
plain in a little bit. I am doing good. It was another busy week. Some cool
things that happened this week:

I had an interview with President Saylin on Wednesday. Everyone has an inte
rview each transfer. He asked how I was doing and how the transfer has been
so far. I told him I was doing much better than the beginning. He gave me
some really good advice. At the end he said he never does this but he feels
prompted to give me a blessing. It was one of the most amazing blessings I
have ever had. He said some amazing promises and words that I will never f
orget. One being that me and Hermana Hammar will have a relationship like I
have with my sisters. I have grown to really love Hermana Hammar. I talked
to my MTC companions and I am very lucky to have gotten Hna. Hammar. They
are both having a really hard time. I am really blessed with her. Overall,
meeting with President was good but a little tough cause I dont quite know
him yet. He gave me great advice though.

So some of you have asked about the people I teach. They all speak Spanish
and most of them are from El Salvador, Mexico, or Columbia. They eat some f
unky food. I sometimes prefer not to have a dinner appt. HAHA!! OH! I total
ly had to eat fish! This sweet new convert made us dinner and there was 2 h
uge pieces of fish(i dont know what kind). I choaked it down! I am so proud
of myself. But i literally wanted to die! LOL Also, they NEVER serve you w
ater. It is always juice. Some good, some terrible. haha...maygen knows wha
t I am talking about.

Some of the jobs that the Spanish people do here are odd end jobs. Like the=
people that stand on the corner. The more active members have normal jobs =
but most of our investigators are always looking for work. A lot of illegal=
s.=20

So we as missionaries are supposed to OYM(open your mouth)10 people a day. =
We were at subway Friday and my comp was in the bathroom. I saw this man wa=
lk in with a little boy with Autism. So I decided to OYM them. The young ma=
n I guess watches this boy everyday to help him adjust to the world, etc. I=
started talking to Lowe(the little boy) and Michael the man asked me why a=
m I able to talk to him so easily. Most people feel awkward or uneasy about=
it. I just told him that I love people like him. He was very glad that I t=
alked to him. I got his info for the missionaries(he was english so I cant =
teach him). It was cool.=20

Now on to the craziest story! So this Sunday was Stake conference. Our inve=
stigator John came. We were all walking out of the building to leave when J=
ohn's car was gone! We were like what do you mean his car is gone?? I'm thi=
nking great-our investigator got his car stolen while at church, he is neve=
r going to get baptized! So we all started looking around the parking lot. =
We found a car like 10 cars down that looks very similar to his, but wasnt =
his. At this point we had the BIshop and stake Presdient helping us with ou=
r 4 Elders and some other members...it wasa scene. Well, we decided to try =
Johns key in that car-and it started the car!!! So we then put 2 and 2 toge=
ther-the person that took Johns car is the owner of this car. So we started=
going through the car to find info. 3 hours later we find out that it was =
another investigators car but from another ward. The man felt so imbarassed=
. The man didnt realize it wasnt his car becasue he was just borrowing it f=
or the day. HOLY COW!! What are the chances that two cars that look alike h=
ave the same key and were parked near each other??!!!We all laughed about =
it later. I was scared though for a while cause he was going to be left wit=
hout car and then blame God and not be baptized. LOL!! Crazy!

Those are only a few of the things that happened this week. We are trying t=
o pick up a few new investigators. We have a lot of potentials but are not =
sure. The thing with hispanics is that they are all pretty nice so they won=
t tell you if they are not interested. You sometimes find yourself wasting =
time.=20

I am doing good. I am glad Pres. Saylin called you. Really dont stress out =
about it. I am doing much better. I am just praying that I stay in this are=
a with my companion. Transfers are the 27th. We will see. Have a good week.=
Thank you for the package mom!! And Amanda thanks for the lettter. I love =
you all so much!

Love, Hermana Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment