Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween

" The Book of Mormon teaches us truth and bears testimony of Christ. But there is something more. There is a power in the book which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of the book. You will find greater power to resist temptation. You will find the power to avoid deception. You will find power to stay on the strait and narrow path. The scriptures are called 'the words of life', and nowhere is that more true than it is of the Book of Mormon....'Every latter day saint whould make the study of this book a lifetime pursuit' ". ---Ezra Taft Benson

Recently I have been studying the Book of Mormon a lot. The importance of it and how it answers the questions of our soul. I love the Book of Mormon. " In a world ever more dangerous..the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ has the nourishing power to heal starving spirits of the world". (Boyd K. Packer) I just started reading the Book of Mormon again and I want to challenge all of you to read it with me. I have 5 months left of my mission which means you have to read 3 pages a day to finish by the time I get home. Will you do it? I promise you that if you do the Lord will bless you with the power to resist temptation and you will have the Spirit enter your heart and be a guide for you. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and is true.

Ok....I am feeling a little overwhelmed right now. With exchanges, trainings, covering 2 areas, companion, etc. I just want to scream but I will save that for my pillow tonight while my comp is in the shower. I really am doing good. Just stressed. LOL! and we ALL know that Hermana Richards is not the best at handling stress. HAHA! We covered 2 areas most of last week and we are week two. It has been interesting. When I get nervous I bite my nails....whelp, my nails are super short night now. Cause I feel like my brain is going to explode. :)

At Jiffy Lube the other day they played Taylor Swift's new song. My heart literally hurt. I felt physical pain. :) HAHA!!! Even after a year I still love my Taylor Swift. Enjoy her new cd that comes out tomorrow. Think of me as you listen. LOL

My favorite investigator in my last area got baptized last week! Fransico-he is truly amazing. His Dad is a pastor in Honduras(intense). But he finally said he couldn't deny the spirit telling him that he needed to get baptized and follow this camino(road).He is the one who bought me a water fountain when I got transferred. I am so happy for him!

I found out my companion knows how to braid hair. Needless to say in the last week my hair has been braided 4 out of the 7 days. LOL! So much easier. Especially cause it is STILL HOT HERE! Yes who know I would sweat outside in the end of October? Welcome to Texas humidity.

We had some great lessons this last week. Jenny and Juan are still progressing. We taught them on Friday and we wanted to teach a third lesson(the gospel of Jesus Christ) but by the end of it we had taught a third, most of a 2nd, prayer, and church--Most intense 45 minutes! Luckily our member was the bomb.com and had answers for all of their questions.

Maygen---thanks for the conference talks! Exactly what I needed. You are awesome :)

Janet--the Halloween card is too cute! Man your kids look so big!

We found lots of new people this week. One day I think we walked for like 6 hours if not more. Luckily we had already met most of our goals so we weren't stressing about sit-downs. But my dogs were barking(maygen...thats for you). LOL

Ok...I feel like this email shows a ton of Hermana Richards sas/attitude. Sorry, been a long day-already. I hope you all have a fabulous Halloween!! It will be a normal day for me here. I love you!!!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment