Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

"To express gratitude is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is grenerous and noble, but to live with gratitide ever in our hearts is to touch heaven."
---President Thomas S. Monson

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for so many things.I decided to make a list of a few thigns I am thankful for.
-being a missionary-greatest experience of my life!
-family
-mail-you dont even know how much it helps me
-little kids-their pureness and love
-singing--when I am frustrated or annoyed, I sing :)
-the spirit-the constant love I can feel from my Heavenly Father
-my Savior
-chocolate during 3 hour planning sessions
-my leggings that keep my legs warm under my skirt
-new sister missionary rules that allow me to paint my nails and not feel ugly
-when my companion will kick(lightly)the cats so they dont come near me(they know how much I hate animals)
-magic(that one's for you denise)
-the gift of tongues----who ever knew I could actually speak Spanish?!
-my hair-a lady in the ward has cancer and has lost all her hair and where would I put my pen so it couldn't be more handy than in my hair?
-flowers :)

Dulce and Jorge=BOMB! Dulce came to church for the 3rd time. We for sure set her baptism for Dec. 8th. I am SO excited! I have never taught someone so ready. On Tuesday she asked us "What can I do to better prepare myself for my baptism?". She is so amazing! Well, she already reads her Book of Mormon for at least 2 hours everyday and I taught her how to use the references on the bottom of the Book of Mormon in her studies. She will soon know more about the Book of Mormon than me! HAHA! Jorge wants to get baptized too but has to work on Sundays. He said he will get days off in December and on his 3rd Sunday at church he wants to get baptized. Jorge described the spirit so amazingly the other day, he said "it feels like we are the only ones in the world and that nothing else matters. I feel warmth all over and love. My heart is beating so fast that I feel like I need to catch my breath." Dulce then agreed that she felt the exact same way.Their cute little girl Ashley came up to me during the lesson and handed me this drawing she made for me. It was of Hermana Stevens and me. Maybe she made Hermana Stevens 2 times as big as me, maybe she didn't. HAHA!! Made me laugh. Hermana is pretty tall. I had a third eye and Hermana Stevens arms are coming out of her head. I put it up on my wall so I could look at it while studying. :) OBSESSED!

Hermana Stevens has been sick all weekend. She barely had a voice. Made for a fun time trying to get all of our 70 OYM's or contacts. She would start the contact by saying "Hola!" then I would finish it. Each week each missionary needs to get 70 contacts-like with people on the street, knocking doors, etc. I made it a goal a long time ago that I would ALWAYS get my 70. SO by Sunday night I barely had a voice from doing the contacts for both of us and teaching all the lessons. Haha....little bit of man voice today-that's for sure.

About 3 months ago this little girl gave me one of those plastic bracelets that is in shapes of things. She gave me one with a Princess. For some reason I always wear it and when I would put my watch on in the morning I would always put on this pink little bracelet. Well, the other day I was having a hard time(to say the least) and we visited this investigator. Her cute little 5 year old daughter was talking to me and I showed her my Princess bracelet. She then said "its a princess...to tell you that you are a daughter of God". She is SO cute! OK.....almost bawled my eyes out right then. What a tender mercy from Heavenly Father in that moment. To be reminded that I am a daughter of a King- which makes me a Princess. Definitely helped me make it through that rough patch.

Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!! I love you all and will be thinking of you on Thursday. Eat lots of turkey and pie for me, ok?
Sarbear ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment