Monday, November 29, 2010

(No title)

We taught this amazing lesson on Tuesday night to a mom and her two teenage girls. Come to find out during the lesson the mom, Maria is in Kidney failure and is in constant pain. She receives dialysis two times a week. As I was listening to this, looking at the pain in her girls' eyes I prayed so fervently to my Heavenly Father that I could teach to the needs of this family. The daughter Alpha began to cry as she told me that she just wants her mom better. She said if she could wish for anything it was for her mom to live. In that moment I felt like the task before me was more than I could handle. How could I express the love that Heavenly Father has for them and the wonderful plan He has set for them? I wanted to take the pain in their eyes away and calm these girls fears. I prayed that as I opened my mouth that the Lord would fill it. A scripture immediately came into my mind. Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain." I then testified of the Plan of Salvation and how we can live with our families forever. I shared Tylers story(something I don't do often) and we left with a prayer that brought peace to my heart and hopefully to the hearts of that family. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father that in that moment He gave me the guidance I needed. My purpose there was made clear to me. I love the Lord!

Thanksgiving was......interesting. Thursdays are planning days so we planned in the morning then later that afternoon we had a Thanksgiving dinner at the Bishops house. For a woman from Mexico she did an amazing job cooking a good old American thanksgiving dinner! She is so cute! Well....we left the Bishops house and went to this area so we could contact people on the street. Not even 5 minutes later I felt this thing on my neck. I go to touch it to see what it is when a huge wasp/hornet totally stung my finger! It hurt SO bad!!! I thought I was going to die. I was literally crying on the side of the street! We rushed off to Wal-greens(the people there know my name I swear) and got me some meds. My finger was swelling up pretty bad so I took some benadryl. While doctor Hermana Stevens removed the stinger from my finger(I guess she did it a lot growing up on the farm). Needless to say my thanksgiving was spent me knocked out with a finger twice its size. HAHA! My finger is normal now ;)

Sounds like all of you had quite the adventures on black Friday! LOVE it!!

The mission right now has a goal for 500 baptisms for the year 2010. Our mission President designated the weekend of the 18th and 19th as "white weekend". Which means that every companionship is to have a baptism that weekend. Right now we have 5 people set with a baptismal date for that weekend. It is going to be tough to have someone ready but we have complete faith that we can do it! It is amazing, right now we have so many people with baptismal dates. The trouble is getting them to be ready for it and come to church! The Lord is blessing us so much. Last night we ended the week breaking my mission numbers. Heavenly Father is definitely preparing people in this area right now. :)

Oh! mom----do you know that book "You are Special" I think years ago Elder Devey shared it with our family? I want to get it as a gift for Dulce's little girls. Can you maybe find it in Spanish and send it to me? I have decided that if you all are going to buy me Christmas presents I will then just give it away to my investigators. They have nothing. SO don't worry about getting me anything :)

Well, I feel like I could write for days but time is up. LOVE YOU!!! All is well here....most of the time ;)
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment