Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November? Weird

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life...that the world through him might be saved." John 3-16-17

Yesterday we were OYMing(contacting) people in this apartment complex. I started talking to this woman about the gospel a little bit. She then proceeded to go off about how Christ was only a prophet and how he is just like you and me, etc. She was really forceful and told me that I was wrong and she hoped one day I would find the truth. I stood there and something deep inside of me stirred. I then testified that I KNOW that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. That only through him are we able to receive eternal life. I felt a power as those words came out of my mouth. I had never felt more sure of anything I had said before. It was an experience that really helped my testimony grow. I guess the gospel has always just made so much sense to me that sometimes it really is sad when others do not have this knowledge. But that's why I am here! I will find you and I will teach you! I LOVE being a missionary. I have never felt closer to my Heavenly Father because I am serving Him by serving His children.

I had to give a talk yesterday in church. I was super surprised at how comfortable I felt at the pulpit. Yes, my talk was in Spanish. Heavenly Father really blesses his missionaries. That's for sure. I sang a special musical number also. Who knew I wouldn't even be at all nervous to sing solos anymore? I guess I have done it so much that it doesn't even phase me. Plus, Hispanics think even if you can sing on key then you are superstar. LOL!

End of the month this week...which means out of mile for our car===BIKES! yeah! haha. NO, I really do like my bike. I just wish we didn't have to use so many miles on exchanges, meetings in the other mission, meetings with President Saylin, etc. Luckily it will start getting cool here. It is SUPER humid today. Feel like I walked into a shower.

We ate lunch at a member's house on Tuesday. While my companion was in the bathroom, the member and I decided to play a joke on Hermana Stevens. She had a chicken foot in the soup to give it flavor but we thought it would be funny if she put it in Hermana Stevens soup to "have her eat". You should have seen the face of Hermana when she saw her bowl. I deserve a Grammy award for how well I went along with things. I leaned over to her and said, "Hermana you cannot offend her. You have to eat it!" HAHAHA!!!! The member then busted out laughing form the kitchen. SO funny!!! I love the members. I love getting to know them and become friends with them.

Halloween was a normal day. We had to be in at 7:30 last night. I just cleaned and caught up with writing in my journal. But of course I ate some candy. LOL! There was a Halloween activity Saturday with 3 wards. I loved it cause the other wards were ones I have served in so I got to see the members and my recent converts and everything! Melody a cute 10 year old from my first area came running up to me and wouldn't let go of our hug. SO cute! She is the one I gave all that Twlight stuff you sent me last year.(did I tell you that...whoops-ya I give away a lot of stuff).

I cannot believe it is November! Anyone else wondering where the year went?? Thanksgiving is coming up soon! I don't think many Hispanics celebrate it cause they are not form here. oh well. I can eat lots of turkey next year :)

I hope all is well with you! Love you tons!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment